Command line invocation with no GUI?

bitSync

2011-02-17 22:41:51

I see that in the 2005 feature request post there was some interest in being able to invoke Send SX from the command line. I am looking for a little Windows program that when called from the command line, will quietly open a MIDI file and send it out a MIDI port as directed, without the need to display any interactive GUI. Has this feature found its way into the latest build of Send SX? I need to do a system call from a Perl script to push MIDI SysEx out, like e.g.,

Code: Select all

system("C:\sendsx.exe -nogui -f .\mysysexfile.mid ");
Can Bome Send SX currently do this?

admin

2011-04-27 22:54:18

sorry, currently this cannot be done with SendSX. We consider it for the next version.

Regards,
Florian

bitSync

2011-04-29 03:17:19

Thanks for your reply.

bitSync

2015-01-03 15:50:45

ThomasSind wrote:This forum is for questions / problems on:
a Command-line module
b Task Runner feature
c Get and Set variables via command-line
d Get and Set task parameters via command-line
@ThomasSind,

Are you responding to my post from 4 years ago (Command line invocation with no GUI)? If so, could you please explain further your post? Thanks.

florian

2015-01-04 21:39:37

Hi bitSync, that was a forum spammer (which I've deleted now).
Thanks,
Florian

bitSync

2015-01-04 22:30:19

florian wrote:Hi bitSync, that was a forum spammer (which I've deleted now).
Thanks,
Florian
Thank you, Florian.

Just wondering, did a GUI-less command line invocation ever make it into the Send SX code base? I think the license I purchased some time back did not have that feature. Thanks!

florian

2015-01-04 23:08:06

A rudimentary way to do this made it into version 1.4: There is a /send parameter which will send the loaded file. So you can do this:

C:\Program Files\Send SX\sendsx.exe /send C:\mysysexfile.syx
However, that will open a new Send SX window for every file you want to send. To prevent that, open the settings in Send SX, and enable "only allow one instance" at the bottom. Close SendSX and from now on there will always be just one instance executing your calls.
Not perfect, but a start :)
Florian

bitSync

2015-01-05 00:16:26

florian wrote:A rudimentary way to do this made it into version 1.4: There is a /send parameter which will send the loaded file. So you can do this:

C:\Program Files\Send SX\sendsx.exe /send C:\mysysexfile.syx
However, that will open a new Send SX window for every file you want to send. To prevent that, open the settings in Send SX, and enable "only allow one instance" at the bottom. Close SendSX and from now on there will always be just one instance executing your calls.
Not perfect, but a start :)
Florian
Nice. Thanks. I'll have to check my license version.