I have CS1X Edit working in Win XP!!!!

RMorrison

2005-12-19 20:34:04

I have found a way to get CS1X edit working in Windows XP Pro! Yea! I will put together a tutorial on how to get it working and post it here or send it to florian to share with the masses. I will try to get this done today, but it might be a day or so. I look forward to sharing this information with you all and get you rockin again!

Richard

RMorrison

2005-12-20 18:58:39

This process works with my Voyetra USB-MIDI controller, your results may vary.

The process is as follows: Click on Start - Go to Programs - Select Program Compatibility Wizard - click next - select I want to locate
the program manually - browse to where the CS1X application file is
located - click open - click next - I then chose the setting of Windows
98 - Check off all 3 options on the next screen and click next - Click
next and it should launch the program - I then set the MIDI port
settings for my Voyetra USB MIDI and did not get any errors. I was then
able to transmit and receive syx files from the CS1X. The only error I
received was if I did not take the program "offline" before I exited I
got an error message. Post here if you have any success or need more info.

Richard

ritch

2006-09-20 06:37:04

see subject

FrankBVazquez

2015-04-01 22:31:59

Oh whoa. Thank you for this. I just peeled out my old CS1x and was never able to get this awesome little program working years ago but totally now on XP. Thank you Florian too, this thing is a pain to program without this software! Bringing back so many memories as this was my first synth as a teen...

By the way my copy kept crashing so and I lowered the send speed on the advanced tab in the CS1xedit to "50" which seemed to do that trick. Just in case anyone out there is paying attention! Thanks all!

florian

2015-04-01 23:07:21

Frank, good stuff -- thanks for letting us know! My CS1x-Edit is also still in use, occasionally :)