Problem editing dfm's compiled in C++ Builder 5

firstdegreesystems

2006-10-11 17:58:16

When a form is edited in restorator that either already contains extended characters ie. ASCII code >127 such as a £ sign, or they are added as part of the translation, ie. accented characters common in non-English languages, the form throws an exception when called in the modified executable.
After investigation it was discovered that unmodified strings in the dfm had been converted to a new data type number (20) corresponding to vaUTF8String. This is a new type that was added after version 5 and as such version 5 compiled exe's throw an invalid property type exception as they only handle vaString (6) and vaLString (12).
There needs to be a way to turn off this conversion.

florian

2006-10-12 18:25:10

Hi,

thanks for the detailed bug report and the analysis. I add this to the TODO list.

Thanks,
Florian

LUIZ HENRIQUE

2006-10-13 21:53:13

Dear Florian,

I have the same problem!

Please, Do you have some idea when this problem will be fix?

Best regards,

Luiz Henrique
BRAZIL

firstdegreesystems

2006-10-16 16:28:19

It also appears that certain blank strings will cause the same problem as well, as per example:-

Title.Text.Strings = (
'')

We too would like this fixed asap

florian

2006-10-16 23:00:35

we hear you! We're working on a fix.

Regards,
Florian

florian

2006-10-17 17:28:52

Hi,
this bug is fixed in a private beta version. There is a new option in the settings dialog that lets you save form in compatibility mode (but loosing Unicode capabilities for forms).

If you have purchased Restorator, please contact me directly for access to this beta version: http://www.bome.com/contact.php

The fix will be generally available with Restorator 2007.

Regards,
Florian