A few vista issues

LadyLala

2011-09-24 23:05:09

Ok so im running vista 64 bit home premium sp2 os.

First problem. I open up imageres.dll in restorator. I extract whats in it.. but the icon folder did not extract for some reason. To get around this I just extracted the icons tab specifically and it worked, however restorator should have originally extracted all the files..

Second problem. I assign my new icons to a few of the icons in the dll, then I click save, it brings up the notice to replace on boot and I click yes... So whats the problem? It won't replace the dlls! Soon as i reboot its the exact same as it was. Nothing was replaced.

Third problem. Though I am not sure if this is a bug, restorator does not work properly when ran as adminitstrator. It wont open stuff, you can't click and drag.

Fourth problem. When I save the edited dll to a different folder, and try to replace it via other methods (say cmd.exe, etc).. It works.. but not the way its sussposed to. Imageres.dll gets replaced with my edited dll successfully, but the dll itself isn't working properly. Icons arnt displaying for example.. Which leads me to believe restorator may not be packing the dlls correctly?

Anyways, I am trying to use this program to change my default icons and do other edits, any help is greatly apprectiated.

florian

2011-10-22 17:38:55

Hi
thanks for the report. The main issue is that Windows desperately tries to protect its OS files. If they're changed from outside, they'll just be restored to its original version upon next restart.

I don't know why Restorator does not work OK as admin. It does for me...

Other than that, working with 64-bit resources should work fine, there aren't any other reports.

Regards,
Florian