new question regarding GRAB function

JJ_andy

2008-06-13 06:04:40

Since the trial version does not allow me to try it out and the menu page and options does not assure me that I can perform a specific tank, and also on the Forum search I found only one hit that answered part of my question >>Edit several file at the same time, by sanly, let me explain what do I need.

First: I am a professional translator.
I have 44 dll files.
These files have several resources, but I am interested only to GRAB and extract ALL the text within the files/folders/subfolders.
The tool/grab resources / dialog box show me several types of resources, but the important ones, as STRING, VERSION, MANIFEST, DIALOG, MENU, are not shown.
The open text box below named OTHER, does allow me to type all of this resource, separated with a coma, or other character?

With this GRAB action I would like to grab all the translatable text within these 44 files and process them in a separated, more suitable tool to edit the text and translate them.

I can assign them back one file and one resource at a time.
Or, am I expecting too much from this tool?

florian

2008-07-01 10:46:50

Hi,
sorry for the late reply.

Yes, you can do that with Restorator. But not with the Grab Resources tool, but with the Extract functions, or just drag the EXE file to a folder and it'll extract all resources in a suitable format. This process works the other way: after editing the resources you want to edit, just drag'n'drop the root folder of the resources on disk back on the exe file in Restorator's left resource tree and it will assign back the modified resources.

Please let me know if you need a trial period extension.

Regards,
Florian

JJ_andy

2008-07-01 13:31:32

Thanks Florian
No, thanks I don t need right now a extension period. Maybe another time. If this kind of job appears again I will by the full product.
Best regards - Jorge Andor

JJ_andy

2008-07-01 13:34:20

I will buy ... shame on me!... :lol:

Jorge Andor