Converting resources to Chinese

SteveTaylor

2007-11-07 12:18:04

Hello all,

I am thinking of buying Restorator for my companies software converstion into Chinese but I have a question first:

The method I have to use is to convert from the exes into rc files so that we end up with duplicated rc files with the strings in different languages (in this case Chinese from English).

Can restorator do this?

florian

2007-11-08 14:18:57

Hi,

yes, Restorator supports export and import from .rc files. Note however that there are some limitations:
- Unicode is not supported for text files
- .rc file parsing has its own limitation regarding the pre-processor: all .rc files saved by Restorator can be read into Restorator again. But .rc files created by other development tools may use .rc file features that Restorator does not support. For more info, refer to Restorator's user manual.

I'm pretty sure that Restorator can do what you need. At best, try it with the trial version of Restorator.

Regards,
Florian

SteveTaylor

2007-11-08 14:39:10

Sorry I am not sure I understand - are you saying I can translate an English .rc file into a, say, Chinese one and compile both copies into my applicaton (with different names) ready to switch languages on the fly?

florian

2007-11-08 15:43:05

yes, you should be able to do that with Restorator. You need to set the LANGUAGE statement to the different languages and then import both .rc files in the .exe file with Restorator, thereby generating a ,multi-language program. Check out this tutorial:
http://www.bome.com/Restorator/help/tut ... Multi.html

Regards,
Florian