Show global offset of resources

tDJ

2007-04-09 22:54:20

I like the ExeScope function to show the global offset of the resources. Strange that other editors (PE Explorer, Restorator, Resource Hacker, XN Resource Editor) don't have this feature. Can you add it to Restorator?

florian

2007-04-10 09:19:27

Hi,

Restorator has this feature already: turn it on in Menu Tools|Settings|Advanced|Show Binary Offset of Resources. Then you can see the offset as an additional column in the resource viewer when selecting a resource folder.

You can also always right-click on a resource and choose Properties to view detailed info, including the offset, of a single resource.

Regards,
Florian

tDJ

2007-04-10 21:39:36

I know this feature, but it only shows the relative offset address which always start with 00000000. What I mean is the absolute offset address (right-click properties value) like 7CAE20. It would be nice if it's possible to swith the view between the relative and absolute view.

florian

2007-04-11 11:40:46

Hi, Restorator does show the absolute offset. I can open the respective .exe file in a hex editor, jump to the offset, and that's where the resource data begins in the exe file.

If this is not what you name "absolute offset", please describe what you want to do...

Thanks,
Florian

tDJ

2007-04-11 11:51:04

Yep, this is what i mean with absolute offset. But only the Alt-Enter properties shows the absolute offset, the Hex view shows only the relative offset. What I mean to ask is to add the possibility to change the hex view between absolute and relative offset.

florian

2007-04-11 11:58:05

Ahh, I understand, you mean the hex viewer. I was talking of the list of resources in the right resource viewer when a resource folder is selected in the resource tree, not the resource itself.

I'll add this feature to the feature request list.

Florian

admin

2007-04-11 17:51:32

Update: I've already implemented this for the next update of Restorator.
Florian