Search function doesn't work w/ Win9x

NoNameNeeded

2006-04-01 04:18:51

The search function (to search for files or search for words within those files) doesn't work at all with Win9x

There is no error message but it just finds a lot of files although they don't contain the word you were searching for.

Another problem is that this automatic replacement feature doesn't work (e.g. explorer.exe can't be saved and therefore explorer1.exe is created which should replace explorer.exe on the next windows start)
Even though the new file is created, the old file won't be replaced (neither in Win9x nor WinXP).

florian

2006-04-03 20:13:31

Hi,

thanks for the bug report.

We will have to check out the search problem on Windows 9x. How did you verify that the found files did not include the search text?

The automatic replacement feature may collide with Windows' repair feature which will revert OS files to their originals when they appear modified. Maybe you try the automatic replacement first with non OS files?

Thanks,
Florian

NoNameNeeded

2006-04-04 02:25:29

I modified a file by changing the text of a dialog box and then searched the files that contained this word.

I'm not sure but I guess there aren't too many files containing the word "Scheiße".
At least not 3000...

Another thing that I just experienced was that it suddenly found many identical files (which don't contain the certain word) and it became more and more, then again all the aspichk.exe were gone and then it found the files again, then they were gone again etc.
The list was always refreshed, always finding many identical files.

Hard to explain, but it looks like that:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3907/rest3vi.jpg
Maybe you try the automatic replacement first with non OS files?
i tried but it replaced the file automatically when I saved it (with the modified file) although the file was open, so the replacement window didn't come up.