I have a few programs where the toolbars are extracted
as .raw image information. An example of this file is:

TfrmMain_fImagesBig_Bitmap.raw

How, if possible, can I convert this to any usable format
like .bmp, etc. to edit it, then convert back to the original
.raw format to use in the program?

florian

2007-01-30 15:12:34

hmm, strange -- when I extract Delphi forms with "image lists" (as used in toolbars), Restorator extracts .bmp files. I'll write you a personal email so that you can send me the resource for further investigation.

Florian

paullll

2007-01-31 18:55:25

It's on the way. :D

florian

2007-02-01 15:31:18

Hi Paul,

thanks for the res files. I was able to reproduce the problem. These resources are created with Delphi or C++ Builder. They use a Windows function, ImageList_Write is used. Unfortunately, the file format of such files is not specified, I could not find any information about it. Looking at it in a hex editor reveils a structure similar to .ico or .bmp files, but it is not fully clear what every field in the header means. Sorry for the disappointing reply.

It is possible to add support in Restorator by using Windows' functions to interprete this raw data, but this will require some modification to Restorator, so it will take some time to be implemented. I put it down on the feature request list.

If you happen to find a format specification of ImageLists (header starts with "IL"), let me know here.

And, possibly, there exists a program which edits image lists directly?

Regards,
Florian

paullll

2007-02-04 19:05:03

While searching for a way to convert the .raw
data, I found a program that with it,
I was able to directly edit the toolbar icons of
both these programs containing the .raw
toolbar bitmap data that I tried. I even changed
the 16 color icons in the first prog. to 24 bit
color ones. Both progs. run normally after editing,
with no crashing errors.