ResPatcher and Dialog Backgrounds

will

2005-10-22 04:23:44

Hi,

This should probably be two threads but I'm a noob and dont wanna go filling the forum with threads.

First, respatcher. I'm messing around with the demo and it's very cool! Is the respatcher disabled in the demo or something? Whenever I try to use it the program hangs.

Second, is there a way to change the color of a dialog box? I'm modding a program that I believe was made in delphi. the program itself allows a certain amount of skinning via bmps but it doesn't allow you to skin some of the dialog boxes that come up - they come up in standard windows grey. Is it possible to change them if there are no bmp resources attached to them?

Thanks!
Will

florian

2005-10-22 07:33:17

Hi Will,

indeed, ResPatcher is disabled in the trial version: you should see a warning message to that effect when you invoke ResPatcher (or the RP icon) from within Restorator). After dismissing that warning message, you should still be able to go through the steps of the wizard for creating a ResPatcher, but the last step will not work in the trial version.

Regarding backgrounds: in Delphi forms, you can usually change the background by adding to the main section of a RCData\TFormName resource the entry
Color = clBlue
or so. This will work with all visible Delphi components, even if you need to add this Color line.

However, you will not be able to change the background color of dialogs that are created dynamically, i.e. not from resources. Message Dialogs are usually created dynamically, so I don't think this can be done with reasonable effort.

Regards,
Florian