Mouse Keyboard and Sibelius 5

Simon1956

2008-11-19 17:00:00

I can get Mouse Keyboard working OK with both Reason 4 and Cubase 4.5 fine using the latest version of Midi Yoke.

Never had any joy with Sibelius or Finale though. The Sibelius set up page confirms that it is receiving an input from the Mouse Keyboard as it has a LED meter that lights up when a key is pressed. Also Sibelius internal sample library sounds are triggered via Midi Yoke when a key is presed on the Bone Keyboard. However what is not happening for me is any notation appearing on the screen when using Sibelius in step time mode. funnily enough Sibelius provide a help document to help set up the Bone keyboard see

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... nguageid=1

Followed this to the letter but still can't get any notation to appear. Seems to me that this might be a window focus problem

Any suggestions very welcome
Thanks
Simon

florian

2008-11-25 10:44:56

Hi Simon,

shouldn't really be a window focus thing, Sibelius should really be getting the notes. Maybe you've changed the MIDI channel?

Florian

Simon1956

2009-01-20 14:11:30

Thanks just noticed your reply. Yes Sibelius 5 does receive a midi signal from the Bone keyboard. But what does not seem to be happening is any notation appearing on the screen. I can also get the Bone keyboard to trigger notes on the built in Kontakt samples that come supplied with Sibelius. So yes you are correct a midi signal from the Bone keyboard is clearly getting into Sibelius 5. What is not happening is any screen display of notation in step time (as is suggested should occur in the Sibelius tech help doc that I sent a link for). I do get some notation display when using Flexi time record (i.e sequencer style recording) in Sibelius but of course this is not much use really when using a virtual keyboard.

Incidentally when is there going to be an update to Mouse Keyboard. I beleive that it would negate the need for third party midi loop software eventually
Thanks
Simon

florian

2009-01-26 15:29:25

Hi,

I'm at a loss what could be the problem now. I suspect there is some setting or so in Sibelius to allow step mode entry by external MIDI. Probably it's best to ask Sibelius tech support, or in a Sibelius forum.

There is no fixed date for the next version of MK.

Regards,
Florian

Kloyd Niel Lopez

2010-10-06 03:00:52

Hello Guys,

One option is to play the note on your keyboard that corresponds to the WRITTEN pitch on the drum staff, treating the 5-line staff as if it had a treble clef. That works fine, except when one position on the staff can have different noteheads. Sibelius always uses the same notehead (the first one defined in the drum map), so you have to edit the notes to get the other noteheads. (But it works great for 1-line orchestral percussion staves, because you play the same note, B an 7th above middle C, for every instrument).

Thanks,