BMK Reason integration news!

FreeBee

2007-10-19 22:33:55

Propellerheads recently (a few months ago) released version 4 of their top product Reason.

After upgrading Reason to a new version, one may find that BMK will no longer be detected from within Reason. At least up to Reason 4.0, the remedy is simple. If, like me, you still have a copy of the old Reason Integration package, just rerun it and you're good to go again.

Alternatively, a complete reïnstall of the latest version of BMK itself will also do. And it won't upset any of your existing BMK settings!

Florian, maybe it's a good idea for you to include this in the online manuals for BMK and Reason Integration.

BMK is still the best MIDI tool I've seen so far!

Best regards,
FreeBee

asfaltboy

2008-01-10 22:24:27

where can i download the old Reason Integration package ? I'm one of the unfortunate ones to own a Reason 4 :(

florian

2008-01-10 23:32:10

If I understand FreeBee correctly, it's sufficient to re-install Mouse Keyboard 2 over your existing Mouse Keyboard installation and then Reason should pick it up again.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it and I can see what I can do. I don't think the old integration package should be necessary, it does exactly the same thing as the installer for Mouse Keyboard 2 does.

Regards,
Florian

FreeBee

2008-01-11 01:02:35

You understood very well, Florian. That's exactly what I meant. And as I said, the Version 2 installer will not even interfere with existing BMK settings.