notepad++ BMTP Language

makerprofaze

2013-09-20 05:51:57

I've been doing massive rule coding in another text editor, but as some of my presets now have 1000+ lines it's becoming horrible navigating. I've decided to switch to notepad++ as it has text coloring based on language, but now it seems I need to build the definitions for the BMTP commands.

I'm wondering if anyone uses notepad++ and has already done this and is willing to share??
OR, if anyone is capable and willing of whipping this up?

As I just copy and paste my rule codes into BMTP, perhaps someone can give me a better method? I was using editpadlite, which has great searching and replacing. All I really need is colored fonts so I can scroll around and quickly see jump points.

I realize my needs may be quite specific, but I figured I'd ask anyway. And I'm going to go forth with this.

[I can't wait until colored text is introduced in the rules. I understand it's coming - eventually]

DvlsAdvct

2013-09-20 15:36:59

Hi makerprofaze

I'll take a look at Notepad++ and see if I can figure out a good way to color code a Bome file. :) Hopefully it doesn't take me terribly long.

J

Sakis

2014-01-20 18:32:13

Sorry for the bump, just wondering if there is any progress for notepad++ or other way to edit big projects.

mschnell

2014-01-26 10:52:23

Another nice Editor that can do language based coloring is UltraEdit.

I once did this with an assembler language for a certain processor. It was rather easy to do.

-Michael

mschnell

2014-01-29 10:38:02

BTW.:

Where can I find the complete syntax definition for the BMTP Language ? It does not seem to be included in the Manual PDF

-Michael

florian

2014-02-09 14:32:02

continuation of this thread here:
BMTP Language syntax definition