Help Please. Fun with Traktor and Bome's

facecrime

2013-07-31 03:42:53

Hello I am new to working with Bome's. I must say that it is a spectacular program. So for my first project I have set out to program a mapping that would allow me to control Ableton and Traktor at the same time using a Vestax VCI-400. I am able to have Ableton receive messages that I have programmed into Bome's, but for some reason I can't get Traktor to register any MIDI messages at all. It seems like I tested this before and it worked but now I have hit a brick wall and must turn to the experts.

I have different presets that are activated that have translators of the midi notes I am hitting to affect Traktor. Bome's Midi In and Bome's Midi Out are both selected in the Controller Manager. The Bome's Log says it is transmitting the notes I want it to. Even so, I get no MIDI recognition from Traktor at all (although I have been able to sync Traktor and Ableton still), meaning the CTRL light doesn't do anything when I press a button. Please help me sort this out! It is probably something really obvious and I am making a fool of myself asking about it. Thanks in advance.

DvlsAdvct

2013-07-31 16:09:18

Hi facecrime

Out of curiosity, how are your MIDI ports routed? How many virtual ports do you have activated, and which ones are communicating with Traktor?

Thanks
Jared

facecrime

2013-07-31 19:32:50

Thanks for your reply. I have one port activated that I am trying to use for both Traktor and Ableton. The idea is I set up presets with different translators that get activated by button presses in the corners of the VCI-400. Each of these presets has the same Midi In's but get translated to different channels and notes that do different things in Traktor and Ableton. I got the Midi to recognize in Traktor now but now It won't work in Ableton...and its started freezing all three programs (Traktor, Ableton, and Bome's). I'm thinking it might be better to go a different route because I don't think I'm going to be able to get proper LED send-state feedback doing it this way without doing something in MAX or Python. I was thinking I could program Mouse Clicks, to switch the Vestax Midi Off/On in Traktor and Ableton. Would this be possible?

It is odd because the buttons that I actually have translators for are the ones that aren't working and the buttons I don't have translators for are working. Then the programs freeze. It is probably something I am doing with the Midi routing, I honestly don't really understand it.
Here is are how my default ports are set up.

Here is my Routing. What is the difference between BMT 1 Virtual In 1 and BMT Virtual Port 1? Any help is very much appreciated.

DvlsAdvct

2013-07-31 19:37:20

Instead of using the same MIDI Translator Port, activate a second one (Bome Virtual MIDI Port 2) and connect that to Traktor, while Port 1 is still connected to Ableton. Set the default output port in the Traktor Preset to Port 2 and try that. I would think a part of the issue will arise when you are connecting the same MIDI port to two different applications.

facecrime

2013-08-01 22:37:27

Hey I got it working splendidly now. Thank you so much. The trick is using two ports like you said and having Midi In only coming from the Vestax.