newbie- different" banks" possible?

Astalavista

2013-05-20 15:04:52

maybe thats a public qeustion, but i saw some vids and looked into the manual, but i didnt found this answerd.
what i want is to custum my apc40 into e.g. 8 different setups:

1. the default behavior
2,3,4.... different setups, with other outgoing midi-messages (keys...) than the default.

these new "banks" should be easy reachable, lets say via the "stop clip" buttons, which i want to reserve to do this. so this the key-qeustion:
is it possible to build some banks and to switch between them (without mouse, only via midi, e.g. with the stop-buttons)?

----------------
further qeustions to this setup (if possible):

can i get a visual info back (e.g. the active stop-button should light)?
can i build sub-banks? lets say in "master-mode 2" the faders, the matrix, the lower encoders are fixed to my given midi-messages in this "bank".
but the upper knobs (pan/send...) are not fixed to one value, they should via the pan/send-buttons splitted into seperate sub-banks.
and well, this sub-modes should only work in this master-mode. is this possible?

how stable is this? i guess there is a lot of more-way-traffic in the midi-highway.
so if i wire all correct, and try to avoid double (feedback)circles - can i expect a accurate enviroment?

thanks.

florian

2013-05-25 16:15:26

Hi Astalavista,
I guess this can be done with Midi Translator Pro, but possibly it's not so easy to set up. I'm neither expert with APC40 nor with Ableton Live, so I cannot help much.

Have you checked out other APC40/Ableton threads here in the forum? Otherwise, let's see if DvlsAdvct or someone else on this forum knows how to do this.

Regards,
Florian

Anonymous

2013-07-04 12:59:43

I've got only good news about this setup you are looking for. The answer for each of your questions is yes, everything you asked about is possible and the solution should/would be reliable and fully functional I think. And it shouldn't be too complex to implement even. What's better that there is a way to add an additional functionality where buttons are able to trigger different actions on singletap, doubletap, singlepress&hold(and another one when releasing it) and even doublepress&hold with release action too. Everything using just a few variables based on bitwise manipulation. Extremly time consuming task if we like to implement it for all buttons but easily doable if we need that for some buttons only (in this case for instance to switch between Banks + additional actions). So if you are still looking for a solution pm me and we'll see how to handle that. I will try to post some walkthroughs in a couple of weeks as I found bitmanipulations extremly useful for storing states and even values in BMT and by that multiply the number of available variables which always run out for me. I would have done it before but when it comes to writing in English...ehh I even don't know if people understand me:)

Cheers
Kristopher (Krzysztof)