Lauchpad LED Message

Docjay

2012-12-06 13:12:01

Hi there, I´m a newbie at Bomes translator, but I found that i am ever a more newbie at midi commands. So sorry for this question but after about 10 hours try and error I was so much frustrated that I thougt this could be my only chance.

Reading the develper´s guide for lauchpad (http://novationmusic.de/support/product ... =Launchpad ; at the bottom) I didn´t find what message I must send to handle the led´s. All I need is the sysntax of an outgoing command in MT to turn the upper left button on in red or green.

Pressing this button means reciving a 90 00 7F, wehn the controllerbutton goes up a 90 00 00. Now I want to send via MT a ...... so that the button ist red or green.

Before doing another 10 hour try.., maybe this isn´t possible at all? I googled that some people use a tool to do this, but that´s not waht I want to do, because for example katapult (one tool that can do this) cost 20.- and I wanted to give away my controller maping for free insome forum.

Maybe someone is so fit in midi that he can tell me: send XX XX ZZ, would help me a lot. I not, ok, at least I tried.

DvlsAdvct

2012-12-07 00:19:30

Hi docjay

I am not sure I fully understand your question, but I'm going to give it a shot. What I want you to do is create two translators. One will receive from the Launchpad when pressed and the other will receive from the Launchpad when released. Each time this happens it will send a color command to the button.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Button Down
Incoming Message: 90 00 7F
Outgoing Message: 90 00 3C

Translator 2: Button Up
Incoming Message: 80 00 00
Outgoing Message: 90 00 0F
Does that work? Remember to make sure your ports are set so the Launchpad is the Input and the Output

Docjay

2012-12-07 11:36:50

Yes, that was exactly the kind of info I need. Thank you very much. This way the controller´s led goes on and off in yellow and I have a base to experiment doing this in red and green.

Very kind of you!

makerprofaze

2012-12-08 04:38:28

Launchpad colors

these should do. the values actually cycle ie you can use different numbers for same colors with different intensity

hex color decimal
7F amber 127
3A yellow 58
2F orange 47
43 red 67
38 green 56
00 blank 00

90 00 43 for red
90 00 38 for green

use hex for outgoing and decimal for rules

gotta say BMT is WAAY better than katapult!

[edit] sorry, DvlsAdvct - I posted without checking your values. Mine are probably not the ones in the guide. ah, well.

Docjay

2012-12-08 11:03:48

Hi , that are exactly the kind of information I needed.

I thank you so very much saving me so much time of frustrating try and error testing. Both anwers were so useful to me that because of this I bought the full version of MT (tested with trial). And yes it is a great product, so powerful in what I now can do with my midi controller.

Docjay

2013-01-06 19:31:34

Ok, with the help of this forum a did a midi mapping for my launchpad to control the remixdecks of Traktor Pro, which normally is only possible by purchasing the special hardware F1. If you would like to have a look see my video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lne5das2 ... e=youtu.be

DvlsAdvct

2013-01-07 23:14:27

Great to see, Docjay. Thanks for the video :)

florian

2013-01-08 11:36:08

very nice and useful! Would you mind posting the preset file here in the forum? You can still link to it from FB, but it's a bit more accessible then.
THanks,
Florian

Docjay

2013-01-19 12:30:36

No problem, here is the link to my facebook page, where you can find the link to download the template ready to use or easily modify for your alternative controller;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Docjay4yo ... 2903166295

Would be nice to click on the "LIKE" button.