BCD leds

djdad

2006-10-31 00:02:21

I just saw that the new pro version has added new features.
Buing the pro version will i be able to light the leds of the BCD2000 using VitualDJ Software?
What i am asking has to do with multiple outputs. Running two Bome's MT at the same time, was a previous solution which you proposed to djfresha (if i recall right). I searched the forum but i found no replies.

florian

2006-10-31 15:21:51

Hi,

the final version of MT Pro will feature multiple outputs, but the current beta does not. You should be able to do it with multiple MT's at the same time, but since I don't have a BCD 2000 I wouldn't know how to control it with a second instance.

Maybe DJ Fresha comes up with a new ingenious solution...

Regards,
Florian

djfresha

2006-12-10 02:39:20

yes indeed I have, yet I use Traktor 3.2 - I've got the final templates for scratching & pitchbending, as well as 0% pitch point on-the-fly re-calibration (can adjust where the 'centre' of the pitch goes), plus T3.2 now sends MIDI back to devices - please read this:

taken from Native Instruments forum 'BCD2000 programming..' thread----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok people - For all of you who are up to date with Traktor 3.2, and also own Bome's MIDI Translator Pro 1.5 build 611, buckle up and get ready - here's the basic outline of the manual which I will be emailing Florian @ Bome.com to add into his program.

You will need the attachments in the ZIP file provided, you will also need to have MIDIYoke installed else nothing will work. Also ensure that if you wish to dj with your laptop/pc using this config then make sure the BCD2000 is always on first efore you open any programs, else the linkage will not be picked up by the laptop/pc.

Ok... in the zip file you will find 3x files (1 *.tks file, and 2 *.bmtp files). These are the key elements to get the BCD2000 scratching/searching & pitchbending with jogwheels (depending on what mode the BCD2000 is in), plus Deck focusing with the BCD2000's PFL mix dial (deck A or deck B respectively, or both A & B at the 12 o'clock position), and also 0% pitch point adjustment, so that you can re-calibrate the 0% pitch point for those tracks that just reach out of the tempo range (don't you always find that when you mix vinyl you run out of pitch, especially back2back DnB when your DJ buddy leaves his/her track on +8 speed???)

Right...

The setup:

ENSURE that the BCD2000 Control Panel is setup so it is running USB/ASIO/WDM driver 1.1.1.0 (this is imperative, can be downloaded from www.behringer.com). The GLOBAL MODE must be set to Advanced, select the ASIO tab and setup the MASTER OUT as CH1-2, PHONES OUT as CH 3-4. Set the latency to about 30ms (any faster & you might get glitches, any slower you might experience slight lag). I haven't tried the inputs yet, but in my situation, I'll be 'piggy-backing' onto a mixer that has 3 inputs for 2x1210's and a line in for the BCD2000. Right, minimise the control panel by the [X], and now lets move onto Bome's MIDI Translator Pro 1.5 build 611

After speaking to Florian @ Bome.com, I was originally asking him about a software 'y-splitter' where I could have one input MIDI signal form a device split to two MIDI outputs. He informed me that MIDI Translator Pro (referred to as 'MT' for the rest of this tutorial) is not able to do this in one instance, but you can run 2 instances of MT side by side. With this in mind, I worked out how I could send MIDI data from the BCD2000 to two MT's at the same time! What you need to do is a pretty clever trick: Find the folder where MT is installed, right click on the MT program icon, and select 'copy'. Then right click anywhere in the folder window (or select the 'edit' menu) then select 'paste'. The filename shoud come up as 'Copy of MidiTranslator.exe'. Rename this fle to 'BCD2000-MIDI-TO-T3.exe'. [PLEASE NOTE: if you cannot see the '.exe' part of the filename, then you will not need to add it as the filename - this is a 'Tools/Folder options' config setting.]
Make a second copy of MT, but in this case rename it to 'BCD2000-LEDsFOR-T3.exe'. Now on each of these two new 'programs' right click and make a shortcut for both, and move onto your desktop. Once you have done that, open 'BCD2000-MIDI-TO-T3.exe'. you will see the usual MT screen. Now you will need to make some simple adjustments. Go to 'Options/Appearance' and turn on ALL options there. Then go to 'Options/Startup' and make sure that 'Startup Minimised' is the only active setting. Go to 'File/Open' and select 'FRESHA'S BCD2000 MIDI - T3.bmtp' MT template. A list will appear already setup. I will explain how these templates work shortly, when we get into Traktor 3.2. Now set 'MIDI In' as 'BCD2000', MIDI out as 'MIDIYoke1'. You can now minimise this instance of MT (for this tutorial it's now known as MT[1]). Now open the 'BCD2000-LEDsFOR-T3.exe' program, and again you will be presented with the standard MT layout etc. Change the 'Options/Appearance' and 'Options/Setup' as above, then go to 'File/Open' and select 'BCD2000 LED TRIGGERS v2.bmtp' MT template. A new list appears, a lot smaller too. Set 'MIDI In' as 'BCD2000', and 'MIDI Out' also as 'BCD2000'. This 2nd (now known as MT[2]) instance can now also be minimised'. By the clock on the taskbar should now be 2 blue&red 'MIDI' icons, which will 'light up' as you move/press the controls on the BCD2000. The loop buttons are not fully configured at the moment, the pitch/scratch buttons are used specifically to select a specific template in MT[1] ONLY. Right... got that? Hope so... lets get right into this...

Start up Traktor 3.2, go to Preferences. Firstly lets set the Audio up. Soundcard should be BCD2000 ASIO, everything else in there is fine. Output routing - set up so MONITOR is 3: BCD2000-3 (left) and 4: BCD2000-4 (right), Master as 1: BCD2000-1 (left) and 2: BCD2000-2 (right). Booth/record left alone. Leave Input & FS (not required). Deck preferences are Loading: have 'Stop deck at end' turned on, all else off. Transport: Loops Seamless on, 20sec auto-detect. Pitch range = +/-8, fine pitch = +/-3.5%. FS Transport not required. Cache as you wish. Sound & Mixer: as you wish/require. Now jump down the list to Hotkey & MIDI Setup: MIDI Interfaces: Turn on MIDIYoke NT 1 and BCD2000. This allows input from both the unit directly AND via MT[1]. MIDI Setup: LOAD up the file 'TDS3.2-BCD2000-MTPRO1.5.tks'. This will configure a list ready to use with input from BCD2000 via MT[1] and also send MIDI back to the BCD2000 (LEDs for the Master Effects ONLY). Apply all, and OK.

Phew!! Now I'm getting really into this.... scalpel... swab....
Now we have all the programs up and running I'll explain the MT templates and how they coincide with Traktor 3.2.
Down on the taskbar are the two instances of MT (2x MIDI icons). Double-click the right MIDI icon (MT[1]). Now MT restores it's window. In the grey area above the list is a dropdown that is titled 'Preset', with 'BCD2000 A & B PITCHMODE' within it. There is no need to adjust this at all. I have configured MT[1] to read in from the BCD2000 the two Pitch/Scratch buttons for each deck. When MT[1] starts up, it remembers the original preset (deck A & B in pitchmode), so when you turn on the BCD2000 and then run MT[1] the templates match up properly. When you press Deck A Pitch/Scratch, MT[1] recognises the MIDI message from the BCD2000 and tells the preset to swap to BCD2000 A=SCR/B=PITCH preset. Again press Deck A Pitch/Scratch & the preset swaps back. I have worked out the correct preset selection for both decks individually & simultaneously, so whatever the BCD2000 unit mode is in, the jogwheels will work accordingly. When you press the deck Pitch/Scratch buttons you will see MT[1] swap lists for you. The MIDI from the BCD2000 is translated by MT[1] and fed out to MIDIYoke NT1 MIDI socket which is linked via software into Traktor 3.2. Because we have already configured Traktor 3.2 using the MIDI setup config, all the actions/controls work properly and accordingly. PLEASE NOTE that Loop controls are not set up yet, and I will implement these controls asap. Ok... turn both Pitch/Scratch buttons to OFF on the BCD2000, and minimise MT[1]. Now, MT[2] is slightly different. I wanted to configure the CUE and PLAY/PAUSE LEDs to light now I would expect: CUE button pressed = Fast CUE LED 'flash', PLAY LED 'ON' & Track plays, when I press PLAY again LED turns OFF, Track stops, when I repeatedly press CUE the track jumps back to the beginning / previously played CUE point. This helps with fast triggering for cuepoint meeting of beats/bars etc. The only two other butons that are included in this instance of MT are the two ANALOG INPUT buttons - these two are used to rotate around the Master FX in Traktor 3.2, and they only 'flick' on and off when pressed, to indicate that they have been pressed correctly (ANALOG A = FX 'anticlockwise', ANALOG B = FX 'clockwise').

The only final amendment I've included is that when the Master FX buttons are alight in Traktor 3.2, the MIDI data is sent to the BCD2000, so the correct LEDs light up as on the panel strip at the top, either if I hit the button on screen with the mouse, or if I press the according FX 'action' button (A, B, C or D). When you 'rotate' through the FX, the LEDs will light also as on screen,making life far easier and control flipping a lot more user friendly. The final part I've amended is that when you load a new track into a deck once mixed, the track is not played (deck has been stopped), and so the message to send an OFF message to the corresponding deck PLAY LED on the BCD2000 is turned off.

Shaaaaammmoooonn Muuuthaa F****Ka!! Hee HEeeee....who's baaad?

If anyone is still having problems with this config then by all means hit me up with an MSN (email me 1st, been getting some random bods on my MSN now and again)

florian

2006-12-10 18:54:58

wow, great job! Please send me the files, then I can put them on my site.

Thanks a lot!
Florian

djradikal

2006-12-15 03:32:35

Hey guys, 1st time poster. a couple of questions.

1. beta 3: didn't get the link to d/l beta 3. Is there another charge?

2. Problem: Have Pro 1.5 beta 2 w/ fresha's application of MT and everything is working great but on the PFL mix if I have Deck B in cue I'm stilling hearing Deck A (there is no seperation). Is anyone having the same problem? Very strange because it use to have seperation between the two.

BCD2000
Traktor 3.2
Dell Inspiron 6000
1G RAM
1.8 processor

florian

2006-12-15 11:33:24

djradikal wrote:1. beta 3: didn't get the link to d/l beta 3. Is there another charge?
No, because you have purchased beta 2, you'll get all following betas and the final 1.5 version for free. I've sent you a download link for beta 3.
djradikal wrote:2. Problem: Have Pro 1.5 beta 2 w/ fresha's application of MT and everything is working great but on the PFL mix if I have Deck B in cue I'm stilling hearing Deck A (there is no seperation). Is anyone having the same problem? Very strange because it use to have seperation between the two.
Sorry, I can't help here, I don't have the device...

Regards,
Florian

djfresha

2006-12-22 12:52:00

Ok people... go to Traktor 3, look at the PH MIX dial and set it to 0% - this means that you get '0% leak-thru from master output in headphones'. Case closed for this one...

Another note on BCD-LEDs - official users of Traktor 3 have access to the updated version to 3.2 - this now sends MIDI data both ways (receive and send), I'm going to re-do the template files again and may only need 1 Bome's instance now (was working sweet anyway Florian, MIDI timers are sik and worked before the T3.2 update). I'll get new templates sorted asap for you.

Merry Xmas to all