Edit multiple translators

bobbyquine

2012-11-12 15:58:51

Hi,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I'm being really ignorant.

I'm using Bomes to give my Maschine controller the correct feedback relative to the vst its controlling, as the vst doesnt do this. (Fxpansions Geist)

I needed to set up 'toggle groups', where only one of a set of buttons can be lit at any time. So setting up a load of 'note offs' has been easy enough and works fine, but now I'd like to do the same for the various pad banks.

As each pad bank has 16 pads, i'll need to add and individually edit 220 translators per bank.

Is there an easier way to do this? Is this a feature request?! For example select multiple translators and edit one parameter across all, with the option of retaining value relationships. This would speed up this kind of project ..... a lot!

Sorry If i'm missing something obvious.

Many thanks

B

DvlsAdvct

2012-11-12 16:09:21

Hi bobbyquine

Unfortunately, you're not missing anything. I completely understand your frustration, but the only way to do this is in a text editor, which is far from user friendly. As it is now, in the MT window we are unable to edit multiple translators at the same time. I've made a few requests directly with Florian, and he understands the need.

For now, however, we're pretty much on our own, translator by translator. The easiest way to do it, in my mind, is to start with Incoming signal at the top, go through them all, go back up changing the necessary rules, and then back down changing the outgoing signal.

If nothing else drop another feature request in so it gets recorded.

Jared

bobbyquine

2012-11-12 16:21:44

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the instant reply!

OK I'll post in the feature requests, is there an existing thread I should join? My search didn't find anything.....

It's a real shame this isn't possible, I know that it can be done easily in Max, but I can't get my head around it, and I don't like the instability.

Bomes has such a user friendly interface for non programmers....

Thanks

B

DvlsAdvct

2012-11-13 01:13:42

Just put up a new post in the Feature Request forum, no problem there.

It's something I've wanted for a long time. When you work on projects with hundreds of presets and thousands of translators something like this would be AWESOME.

We'll see what happens :)
J

florian

2012-11-13 01:32:47

I hear you guys.... and sometimes the lack of this has been a pain for myself, too!
I shift this up to the top of the "GUI new features" list.
Florian

bobbyquine

2012-11-13 02:07:26

Great! Thanks chaps...

But... I've been thinking about it and reading more about variables..... In my case perhaps I just need to learn to use those?
I feel like I have actually missed something obvious... that to create a radio group I need only write the formulae in rules and variables once for a group of 16 radio buttons... and massively cut down on the number of translators needed...because by definition only one will be activated at any time.

Sorry for the noobness, any guidance here very much appreciated!

B

bobbyquine

2012-11-13 04:46:31

ok sorry for timewasting... yes rules and variables are the easy way to create radio button groups.

once I'd worked out that midi incoming and outgoing was in hex, but within rules expressed as decimal, I got it, and now see how complex mappings dont need huge amounts of translators (doh!)

cant wait to get deeper in this.

thanks again

B

kurtr2

2014-04-08 14:06:03

Heres another vote for multiple translator edit!

its a testament to how great this program is that this feature would be a godsend…

thanks,
K