MT Classic Note On/Off

PaulF707

2012-10-22 08:28:56

Anyone found a way to send Note On followed by Note Off reliably from MT Classic?
If I include both in the preset, then I think they are being sent so close together that device only recognises them intermittently, and if I don't send a note off, the device gets very confused!
I've tried using note off commands, and also note on with velocity 0, but neither resolve the problem consistently.
Any ideas, greatly appreciated.
Thanks

DvlsAdvct

2012-10-22 13:43:07

Hi PaulF707

Can you give me an example of the translators that are not working?

Thanks.
Jared

PaulF707

2012-10-22 18:43:52

Attached is a screen shot of the settings I started with.

On my other PC (not on the internet) I've tried adding in Note Off and/or Note On velocity 0 commands, both directly after the note on, and also at the end of the list.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.55 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

DvlsAdvct

2012-10-22 18:52:31

The problem is it is sending both signals at the same time. On Classic it's hard to get around this, due to the way MT handles MIDI messages. If the outgoing signal has two commands it will send both commands at exactly the same time.

What you could do, though, is have a second preset that responds to the same MIDI In command that gets activated, and upon activation triggers the Off message, and have another translator which deactivates upon activation.

That make any sense? Without rules or timers it's hard to handle this.