Bome's Virtual Port like LoopMidi or Other Virtual Midi Port

mrjixies

2012-02-23 12:31:19

Hi all,

I just purchased MT Pro. However I can't get the virtual ports working with my DAW? I have a Device that needs a direct connection with my Daw. I used LoopMidi before this without any problems. Also it works while using LoopMidi and MT Pro at the same time. But when solely using MT Pro Virtual port's it doesnt work. I'm oke with using LoopMidi as well, but It would be a lot nicer (especially in live setups) to just use MT Pro.

My (OLD) Setup is as follows

DEVICE (Ipad Lemur)

--- connected to loopmidi port 1 (in) and port 2 (out)

DAW

--- receives from port 1 and sends to port 2

I can connect the Ipad Lemur to Bome's Midi Translator 1 and to 2- Bome's Midi Translator 1 without any problems, but when I select the port in my Daw (presonus studio one v2) I get an error saying "failed to connect to midi port"

Am I doing something wrong? Or is MT Pro not able to act as an midilooper?

Thanks for the help in advance!

mrjixies

2012-03-03 08:36:35

I finally got it figured out. I need to use 2 bome virtual port's instead of 1. :D

Brontoy

2012-09-17 19:38:09

Would you be kind enough to share specifics on how you used Bome's virtual ports with the lemur app on the iPad?

I was having problems and read your post and then tried 2 Bome's virtual ports, but I still cannot connect the iPad to the software I am using (Ableton Live). Do you have any midi thru's connected? Any setup or preferences in Bome's that I might have missed? I guess I would say I am an intermediate beginner with Bome's.

I have connected Ableton Live with other MIDI controllers, so I am pretty confident what I am doing there. I think I see that in the ad hoc network I set up, the computer is receiving signals from the iPad, but it is not going to the Ableton Live software.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Brontoy

mrjixies

2012-09-18 07:53:17

Pffff to be really honest. I havent used the ipad lemur in ages. I bought a hardware controller a couple of months ago and havent touched the lemur since. I also removed the software so I dont have the settings anymore.

But it shouldnt be that hard.

You need 2 (4 midi translators)

Bome's Midi Translator 1 In connects to the Lemur
Bome's Midi Translator 2 Out connects to the Lemur

Bome's Midi Translator 3 In connects to Ableton
Bome's Midi Translator 4 Out connects to Ableton

I hope this helps a bit?

pattygrisby

2012-09-26 03:16:21

Can I use more than 2 ports?

mrjixies

2012-09-26 08:07:54