Locking the keystroke commands to a specific program?

bsfreque

2011-09-11 23:19:34

Hi!

I've been using your software (MT mac os x v1.6.2) for quite some time now, and it's just great! Simply couldn't do without it. :)

I'm just wondering if it's possible to lock the outgoing keystroke commands to a specific program?
Just so MT would trigger things in ableton live even when some other program window is active.
I'm using MT while playing live, and sometimes I need to adjust settings from my mixer software,
and ableton window doesn't get selected when I go back to it's window.

Usually I remember to check, but sometimes on a gig I just don't. It would make my life just a little
easier if I could make the Midi Translator to only affect things on ableton.

florian

2011-09-14 21:07:34

Hi,

right now there is no such function in Midi Translator, but we're well aware of this issue! We hope to come up with a solution in one of the next releases.

Regards,
Florian

bsfreque

2011-09-15 00:40:56

florian wrote:right now there is no such function in Midi Translator, but we're well aware of this issue! We hope to come up with a solution in one of the next releases.
That would be just awesome! Thanks for the reply and all the best to you!

stew

2011-09-15 12:59:13

This would be fantastic Florian.

Will it be possible for MT to tell where the keystroke is coming from too?

I'm looking at connecting an additional USB device that sends keystrokes and I've read that there are some programs that can determine where the input is coming from by the USB assignment. If MT could d that, that would be very cool!

Then I could use this secondary USB device (essentially a second keyboard) to send keystrokes to MT which MT passes as midi/keystrokes to Ableton and no other programs (or the OS) are effected.

florian

2011-10-22 16:31:22

hi,

that seems a bit more complicated... however, there are programmable keyboards where you can define extended keys. mt can work with those extended keys.

regards,
florian

Yonyoh

2012-09-13 10:46:51

Hello,

I was just trying to work this out. Is it already possible with the current version? MT 1.7.2 Or is there another application (osx) that kan make global keyboard shortcuts for specific applications?

thanks in advance.

florian

2012-09-13 11:09:40

this should work with MT Pro 1.7.2 on OS X. I'm not sure regarding extended key codes from programmable keyboards.
Florian

Mister36

2014-11-24 02:13:57

Is this not possible with MT Pro on Windows? Or am I just missing something? Thanks.

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-24 16:41:07

Hi Mister36. Is which piece available? You still can't direct keystrokes to a single program yet, though the new version we are testing allows it, and you still can't use specific "ports" for keyboard commands.

Mister36

2014-11-24 16:44:15

DvlsAdvct wrote:Hi Mister36. Is which piece available? You still can't direct keystrokes to a single program yet, though the new version we are testing allows it, and you still can't use specific "ports" for keyboard commands.
So no then, regardless of which feature I wanted. :p

But seriously, it was the "locking keystroke commands to specific programs" feature I was after. It would be very useful indeed, particularly for applications which don't have MIDI support for certain key features (e.g., transport), but do have keystroke combinations for them.

Might there be a planned release date for this new version? (I realise it's unlikely.)

Thanks for responding. :)

DvlsAdvct

2014-11-24 16:50:21

We are in the last stages of testing right now. I don't want to give a date, but it shouldn't be much longer. I know Florian is working very hard to get it right.

Mister36

2014-11-24 17:03:14

DvlsAdvct wrote:We are in the last stages of testing right now. I don't want to give a date, but it shouldn't be much longer. I know Florian is working very hard to get it right.
I can appreciate not wanting to give a date and the hard work. Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to the update. :)

stew

2014-11-25 00:20:55

Mister36 wrote: Looking forward to the update. :)
+1. Very much looking forward to this feature!