4 track looper with two scenes in ableton

laurentius

2011-07-25 01:37:07

I am getting desperate programming my Bome Midi Translator to achieve the following scenario:
I want four audio tracks for live looping (not the plugin but "real" recording to clips) in a scene. I am using my Nobels footcontroller and each button should activate the corresponding track, record, playback and stop the clip. So far so easy.
But I need two different scenes which work as seperate parts (like verse and chorus), and whenever I record or playback a clip from a different scene I want all clips from the corresponding scene to play. But only when switching to a a new scene i want all clips "reactivated". When I record a new clip to a "running" scene the others have to keep playing back normally (in case of different clips having different bar lengths).
In Bome I get crazy with all that programming work. Is there anybody who has an idea to make this simple?

Thanks alot,
Laurentius

Attigo

2011-08-16 21:44:02

Hi Laurentius,

Have you looked into using timers at all? You can trigger multiple events at the same time, which sound like it should help you...

thanks,
Scott