Keystrokes

Obmit

2011-07-06 00:41:39

I am new to MT, having been waiting for the keystroke input. I just tried a simple one,
Input F12
Output C-1

I am trying to get it to 'play' DP. I have a midi note set up in the commands and it works fine with Osculator. When I trigger with MT it works for the play, then when I hit it again for stop (it is the same command as space bar) it will stop but it is like something is stuck. The stop button on the DP transport stays 'down'. I have to click or space bar a few times in DP to clear it. MT will not do anything until I clear it, then it works again, but does the same thing. Same results regardless of focused program.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Obmit

Obmit

2011-07-08 19:28:58

Anybody?

I have been playing around a bit, trying to take the keystroke out of the picture. I get the same result when I trigger it with a midi note. So I am screwing something up. I have read the manual and looked at some samples but this is eluding me.

I still get the 'stop' transport button sticking when I try to stop, even if I start it another way, if bome stops it, it sticks. It is just simulating the same command as space bar, but with a midi note, which is possible in DP. WIth no translation in the midi it works fine with start and stop.

Pbit

florian

2011-07-10 14:27:03

maybe you've only used "Note On" and not "Note Off"? Otherwise, please post the entire preset here (can copy/paste selected translators from MT into the forum).
Florian

Obmit

2011-07-10 19:15:37

I was wondering about that. I am pretty sure it is just the note on. How do I get a not off as well? When I get it it listen for the midi, it shows 2 events, I presume the 2nd is the off. How do I put that into the command? But then, as I have it set in DP, it only needs the note on to work.

Obmit

Obmit

2011-07-10 23:17:13

OK, so I solved the issue by making key up and key down do note on and note off. I just purchased the product too! Seems like it is only this toggle for playback that needs it though, other commands are fine with just the note on.

Is there a way to have it piggy back (merge) with an existing outgoing port?
As DP can only listen for this on one port (all is not an option) I have had to tell it to listen to the Bome port. I still use my Ipad and Osculator for transport sometimes and it needs to transmit via midi as well. I got around it by sending Osculator to Bome, but there is not a slight lag that annoys me.

Do you think it will be possible to allow modifier keys (like opt F12) to be trigger?

Obmit

florian

2011-07-28 14:17:18

glad you've solved the issue

re: merge
You cannot inject MIDI data into other MIDI ports with Midi Translator.
But you can let MT do the merging (taking all MIDI ports and use the MIDI Router to feed it all into one virtual MT port). I think that's what you've done.

re: lag
did you mean there was an annoying lag or wasn't? If there was a noticable lag, we'd like to hear more about this. MT is optimized to be as lag free as technically possible.

re: modifier keys
right now, you can only work around this by
- using two separate translators to capture the modifier key down, and up (respectively)
- set a global variable (e.g. "go" for "opt" modifier) to 1 when modifier is down, and to 0 when released
- in your translator handling the F12 key, check the go variable: if it is 0, "exit rules and do not execute outgoing action"
We want to make this process for modifier keys easier in future versions of MT.

Regards,
Florian