All translators stopped working today, can't figure out why!

adammaba

2011-06-03 10:57:21

Hi,

There's got to be some simple explanation for this:
I went to use Bomes today, but all of my translator presets have stopped working.
- 'Midi In' blinks green as normal, but 'keystroke out' does not light up as it used to.
- Nothing appears in the 'Event Monitor'
- If I go to reassign the incoming signal for the preset, I 'capture midi': The midi signal appears here. I select it, and the very same midi note will continue to appear in the 'midi message' box. There is no visible change in the preset.

Now that preset will work as normal again. But I can't see anything which has changed to explain this!

I would just go through all my presets and capture midi again for each translator, but I've got a zillion of them, and there must be some explanation. Is it related to the Midi channel of the incoming signal? That might have changed, but there are no Midi channel settings in Bome's that I can find.

I'm using OSX with MT, I had v.1.6.1, but I tried updating to 1.6.2, which has not resolved the issue.

Thanks!

adammaba

2011-06-03 21:43:30

Figured it out myself, haha...

I had accidentally set my FCB1010 to transmit Midi notes on channel 3, not realizing that Bome's would only translate the signal if it arrives on the same channel where the midi was captured from originally.

adammaba

2011-06-03 22:24:01

Oops, wasn't due to midi channel settings after all: I simply had the box ticked for 'suppress outgoing keystroke while active'.