Ableton Live 8, Akai APC40, keystroke emulation

jasnem

2011-02-04 00:47:00

Hi. I know this has already been posted a couple of times, but I just can't seem to get this working.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is convert a note-on message to a keystroke emulation. I'm using Ableton Live 8, Akai APC40, and Bome's 1.6.2 on a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.5.

So, in Ableton Live I have a midi clip sending a note value to Bome's MT. The MT Event Monitor and Log Window both show incoming midi to MT. But, neither show any kind of activity going back out of Bome's MT.

It seems like it should be a fairly simple operation, but I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've followed the instructions posted on the other threads i.e. keeping Live in the forefront, and making sure the computer-as-keyboard button is off.

Here is a screenshot of the setup...

Thank you very much for any help,
Jasper
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 2.47.47 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 2.47.47 PM.png (331.46 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

jasnem

2011-02-05 07:21:34

So I got the thing to work, but strangely it seems to stop working for no apparent reason...

I changed the setup in Ableton to send the midi note-on out through the IAC driver to Bome's to be translated into a keystroke emulation...

It works for a minute, but then stops working.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Getting flustered...

Jasper

Attigo

2011-02-07 07:52:43

Are you wanting the APC to act as normal with Live as well? Yo just want to create some key stroke stuff outside of the APC and Live MIDI connection?

Scott

jasnem

2011-02-08 02:10:47

Yes. I think that is correct. Basically, I would press a button on the APC40 to launch a midi clip in Live, like it would normally do out of the box. Live would then send that midi value to Bome's. Bome's then would send Live a keystroke.

It's actually working now. I think it might have had something to do with the midi preferences in Live...?

Ultimately, my goal is to customize the APC40 to meet my needs. So, I plan on using Bome's and I'm really excited about learning to use it.

Thank you for your response, and a great user forum!

Jasper

Attigo

2011-02-23 19:38:11

Good stuff! Welcome to MT!

Scott