can I make a red box like with the APC40 ?

roms

2010-04-23 20:07:41

hi

I recently bought a livid block and was quite disapointed I couldn't change the midi channel used (even on different presets). all this because in my liveset I launch scenes (no clip) and I have a huge amount of them, far too much for the available number of scenes available in a midi channel (notes+ CCs).

so I thought : if I could create with the Midi translator an APC40/launchpad-like red box of 16 or 32 scene launch buttons (I don't need any red box on clips), linked to 16 or 32 fixed pads (+ 2 pads to navigate up and down by jumps of 16 or 32 lines at once) and use the rest of my controller normally I could use this controller.

Is this possible with the midi translator ? if yes how ? (I'm not asking someone to make me a preset but just hints to make this box)

thanks in advance

Debrecini

2010-04-24 12:11:35

The red box aint possible with anything but the APC. You've got to remember that the APC40 is a special custom built controller that Ableton built with AKAI.

S4racen

2010-04-25 10:42:35

Sorry but actually you can have the redbox with any midi controller using a custom midi script....

If you search on the ableton forum for the posts of hanz petrov......

Cheers
D

roms

2010-04-26 15:04:53

ok didn't find hanz petrov on ableton forum but I found his blog page explaining how to make some remote scripts, including the red box.
....except that it's far too advanced for me, i'm just a musician.

I hope some day someone will write a remote script editor with a GUI for non-initiated people like me who still want to use their controllers the best way.

so is the red box possible with the midi translator ? (normally yes, the guy @ nativekontrol managed to do some red boxes for his presets) how ?

S4racen

2010-04-28 22:35:40

Given the work that's involved, how much would you pay?

Cheers
D

roms

2010-04-29 01:46:30

I managed to adapt hanz petrov's project X and project Y, which are available (and free) on his blog.