Stanton SCS.3 Preset - LED feedback Help

lol4k

2010-02-08 17:24:37

Hi all,

I'm a new in the world of BMT's and I should need your help to do something...

I have a SCS.3 system by stanton and I would to modify the preset that I use actually for Traktor Pro 1.2.4 : SCS3 TPRO Dual Deck V1.00 (Browse) that you can find here :

http://forums.stantondj.com/download/file.php?id=174[/url]

So, here's the thing that I noticed :

The button PLAY and CUE of the SCS.3d are switch ON/OFF ; i.e. when I clik on them, they switch on RED color, and when I re-click a second time, they switch on BLUE. Alrights !

Now, the buttons SYNC and TAP are trigger ; i.e. when I clik and hold the button, it switch on RED color, and when I release the button, it switch on BLUE.

For my personal use, I would like to have buttons PLAY, CUE, SYNC and TAP reacting like switch ON/OFF ; and no more trigger.

So I open Bome's midi translator, open my preset, config midi port .... and I find this :
1.jpg
1.jpg (271.03 KiB) Viewed 13586 times
And just down, this :
2.jpg
2.jpg (281.33 KiB) Viewed 13586 times
In the documentation of the SCS.3d, button PLAY = B7, CUE = B8, SYNC = B9, and TAP = B10.

First, I would copy/stick the preset but it does not work...

I don't understand the 2 different structures of this LED feedback.

* Button PLAY have these translators :

Translator 1: B7 - Preset Load - LED Feedback
Options: stop=false
Incoming: on activation of this preset
Outgoing: MIDI 90 6d gq

Translator 2: B7 - LED Feedback
Incoming: On timer "A: GlobalButtons - B1 - LED Feedback"
Outgoing: MIDI 90 6d gq

* Button SYNC have these translators :

Translator 5: B9 - Note ON - LED Feedback
Incoming: MIDI 90 6F oo
Outgoing: MIDI 90 6F 01

Translator 6: B9 - Note OFF - LED Feedback
Incoming: MIDI 80 6F oo
Outgoing: MIDI 90 6f 00

Those have different structure and I don't understand what does this message means...

If anybody can help me to do what I would like to do or give me way ... It will be greatfull !

Thx a lot :)

Attigo

2010-02-09 05:57:42

Hi lol4k,

I actually wrote that Preset you have there, so I should be able to help!

The difference between the Translators for B7 (PLAY) and B8 (CUE), and B9 (SYNC) and B10 (TAP), is that PLAY and CUE are fed by the application, in this case Traktor. In other words, Traktor is what is changing/setting the LED colours on the unit - Application Feedback.

The first image you have there is what MT is receiving from the unit and sending to Traktor. (From Unit)

The second image, B7 & B8 are receiving input from Traktor and lighting the device accordingly, and B9 & B10 are receiving input from the unit and lighting the device accordingly (To Unit):
The 'timers' are triggered from Preset 6 "G: From Traktor" when the message is sent from Traktor, and the value (ON/OFF or RED/BLUE) is held with the 'Global Variables' gq and ir.

So depending on what you want to do I can help. Do you want B9 & B10 to be triggered/controlled by Traktor or from within the Preset? I can show you how to create a 'toggle' LED either way...

cheers,
Scott

lol4k

2010-02-09 13:48:48

Hi Attigo !

I'm really happy to speak with the creator of this preset ^^ Great Work ^^

I think you should be able to help me XD

So, in fact, I would like that my SYNC button react like the PLAY button ^^ i.e., when I click on it, it switch on red (and stay red when I release button), and when I re-click a second time, it switch on blue ^^

I have succeeded to make this with traktor but only with the PLAY and CUE button (with an add out LED output), but it does not work with the SYNC or TAP button ^^

I hope give you enough elements to understand what I would like to do ^^

Cheers !

Attigo

2010-02-10 03:38:43

lol4k,

Sure, I can help... I just need to know how you want to do it? Do you want the button's feedback to be triggered by Traktor (like PLAY & CUE) or just toggled by the preset? Doing it within the Preset receives no feedback from Traktor, all controlled by MT...

I hope this makes sense...

cheers,
Scott

lol4k

2010-02-10 12:19:46

I would like that the buttons are triggered by traktor like PLAY or CUE ^^

Attigo

2010-02-10 22:32:56

Ok, no worries...

Do you still want SYNC and TAP to perform as they do or are you mapping them to a different function? I know you can have SYNC turn on/off, a toggle function, but TAP is just a trigger function...

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-11 14:12:39

Hey Hey !

I finaly succeed this task ^^ (3 days to make this lol :p )

Now next level !! I would like to "delink"the FX mode.

Because actually, if I put FX mode 1 in the scs.3d 1 and FX mode 1 in scs.3d 2, they are linked together (Don't understand yet where is the practical aspect of this preset :p).

And finally, after the delink of the FX mode, transform the EQ mode in an FX mode (don't use EQ mode anyway) ; like that each scs.3d could be control the 4 FX bank :

FX mode 1 : control FX bank 1
FX mode 2 : control FX bank 3
EQ mode 1 (transform in FX mode) : control FX bank 2
EQ mode 2 (transform in FX mode) : control FX bank 4

I think this preset could be more appreciate and allow users to control the 4 FX bank easyly.

lol4k

2010-02-15 17:58:35

Hi attigo,

I have nearly succeed to duplicate the FX mode in the EQ mode, but I got few bugs (with the HOLD detection)...

Do you think I can send you the preset, and maybe you could explain me why it does not work correctly ?

Really thx !!

++

Attigo

2010-02-15 18:59:23

Sure I can take a look at it....

It will probably just be a bug with the Global Variables, if you duplicated everything, then the variable will be too.

You can upload it to megaupload or something and post the link up here...

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-15 22:04:45

Thx Scott ;)

Here's my preset : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VMTI0NW

I know that's a global variables problem... (I have tried to create new one, but with no success)

My problem is when I switch between FX mode and EQ mode (and only between these), they don't retain their previous status, i.e. FX 2.
Whatever if I click on FX mode, then EQ mode, EQ mode will be the FX 1, and vice-versa.
But I don't have this problem if I switch between EQ or FX and an other mode (that's why I know it's a global variables problem...)

I work only on the A & C deck, and I haven't change my midi out to the slider in FX 3 and FX 4.

I don't know if it's complicated to result this problem but, if you don't want to programm (and i can understand it :p) Maybe you could tell me which global variables I need to change by analogy ?

Thx a lot :)

Jérémie

lol4k

2010-02-17 18:19:49

:(

Attigo

2010-02-17 18:28:32

Sorry, I have been very busy, I will have a look just now...

Attigo

2010-02-17 19:14:54

Can you send me the unedited Preset please, I'm not sure which version you have...

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-17 19:33:09

Ho sorry Scott ...

here's the link : http://forums.stantondj.com/download/file.php?id=174

It's the SCS3 TPRO Dual Deck V1.00 (Browse).bmtp (BETA Preset)

Realy thx

lol4k

2010-02-17 19:47:58

And on my edited preset, I had not modified Global Variables.

Attigo

2010-02-17 20:25:47

Ok, that's the most recent release, just digging in just now...

Scott

Attigo

2010-02-17 20:56:55

Hi lol4k,

What you really want to do is copy and paste the AC: FX1/2 and BD: FX1/2 presets and rename them to AC: EQFX1/2 and BD: FEQX1/2 or something of the sort. You will then have all the correct translators (and presets), you will just need to change the Preset mode switchers to active/deactivate the new modes with the EQ button on the SCS.3d rather than the FX button. You will need to change all the global variables in this because if you duplicate stuff, it starts getting messy and mode/hold switching won't work correctly...

I can tell you that MOST of the global variables have been used in the preset already, which is why you are maybe having problems but the ones that are still free are:
h6, ig, ih, il, ip, i2, jb, jl, jn, jp, j2, k1, lj, and nj.

You will need to change the 'hold' detection variable which is g8 and you can make it any of the above.

Also, to keep things easy, in the presets you copy/paste/create, you should just leave the MIDI notes the same, but just change the MIDI channel, to something like 2. To change this you would take, for example, B8 10 oo and just change that to B1 10 oo (the second number in the first byte is the channel number, 0=1, 1=2, 2=3 etc...). After you have done that, you can easily just map the stuff into Traktor to cover your extra 2 FX units.

I hope this makes sense and you can implement it. I don't have enough time right now to do it for you but I will definitely keep you on the right track...

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-18 16:30:57

Thx a lot Scott :)

These information are very greatfull.

I will test it tonight.

But, I don't understand somethings about global variables ; in the manual we find : "Global variables are defined by character
combinations in the following ranges: ga-gz/g0-g9, ha-hz/h0-h9, ..., na-nz/n0-n9 (example: h4, kd, j0, nb, etc)."

So in fact, does there are only between g and n ?

x0 is impossible ?

Thx ^^

Attigo

2010-02-18 17:40:48

Yea, you are correct,it ranges from ga=n9

Good luck with the Preset, let me know how you get on!

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-19 10:37:39

I'll going crazy !

I'll try to change all global variables in my "new FX" preset but there is no change.

In fact, I don't have bugs with the HOLD Detection, it works fine in FX mode and EQ mode (which is the copy of FX mode)

My only problem, is when I switch between the FX mode and EQ mode ; i.e. ,

1) I push the FX mode once --> It turns on RED
2) I push the FX mode a second time --> It turns on PURPLE (here all is ok :p)
3) I push the EQ mode once --> FX mode turns on BLUE and EQ mode turns on RED
4) I push the FX mode --> Here's the bug, FX mode flash on PURPLE and turns on RED, so it don't retain its previous status, which is FX mode 2 (in purple)

When I looked the activate preset in 4), in fact AC FX mode 1 preset switcher is activate for 10 ms, and then AC FX mode 2 preset switcher is activate.

I don't think the problem is with the global variable g8 or g9, but with g7 and h7.

I will retest it tonight, but maybe I should not change all the global variables but just certain.

If you take a look, maybe you can tell me which global variables I exactly need to change to resolve this problem ^^

Thx Scott ^^

Have a nice day !

Attigo

2010-02-21 23:09:21

Hi buddy,

You will need to change the variables for:
- Mode switching
- HOLD switching
- LED Feedback

Have you changed the LED notes for when you are in the modes? The note for the FX button LED is '90 20 xx' and for EQ button it is '90 26 xx'. To make the LEDs go Red xx=01, Blue xx=02 and Purple xx=03. Maybe you were having problems with those?

Also in the switcher modes, have you got the right Presets being activated/deactivated? And if there is any timers, did you rename those so they are not triggering anything in the wrong Presets or Preset Switchers?

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-22 00:03:36

Youhou !

I have found where was the problem...

I changed "g7", "k7", "g8" and "g9" by others global variables and now it works well :)

I think I made the most hard ^^

Thx Scott !!!

Attigo

2010-02-22 00:15:29

Great to hear, good work! You are more than welcome...

Scott

lol4k

2010-02-23 17:23:44

Hi Scott !

Excuse me but do you have make a list of all global variables used in your last preset ?

Thx :)

lol4k

2010-03-16 23:57:14

Hello Scott !!

How are you ? XD

I thought I have made the most difficult but in fact ... I am confronted to others problems ...

So to resume lol ;
- I succeed to "copy" the FX Mode into the EQ mode, with no bugs when switching between Mode.
- I have changed MIDI OUTGOING action, with an other MIDI Channel.
- In traktor, it's ok ^^ i.e. I can map my TSI to my new FX mode.

But now ... The problem is that the LED feedback in FX MODE are repercuted in the EQ mode.

By example, If I put the Dry/Wet control to its full level in FX mode (so all leds are on in the S1 sliders), and if I swith to the EQ mode, the S1 led's are all on, althought the dry/wet control of my FX (3) is at 0.

I think that I missed something lol, because I think that i'm nearly at the end ^^

It is most confused because in the preset FX slider 1 or 2, or slider select 1 or 2, there is no variables in the rules engaged by translators ^^ but just in the last 2 bits of outgoing action ^^

Maybe you have an idea to resolve this problem quickly :p like with the midi channel ^^

I have ever try to map outgoing LED feedback in traktor, but with no results... So I don't know now if my problem could be sold with traktor or with bomes ^^

Thx for your help, cya +++

Attigo

2010-03-17 00:03:39

Hi buddy!

I think this is because those sliders are controlled with MIDI from Traktor. You will see Translators setting those (on the outgoing) global variables in the 'From Traktor' Preset. You will need to duplicate those Translators aswell for your third and fourth FX units.

Does that make sense? I hope its the answer!

Scott

lol4k

2010-03-17 00:14:43

Hooo !!!

I Just find it ^^

It's exaclty that !

So if i Understand, I just need to copy those translators, change my incomming trigger, by example B0 12 oo by B1 12 oo, and it's ok ??

Do i Need to think about global variables here ?

Thx for your fast answer !

Attigo

2010-03-17 00:37:43

Nice one!

You will need new variables yes, and you will also need to duplicate the output mappings in Traktor (in the .tsi). And yes, new incoming MIDI notes, obviously the same as you output from Traktor...

Scott

lol4k

2010-03-17 00:53:51

Thx Scott :)

But how I could change all those global variables if there's only "h6, ig, ih, il, ip, i2, jb, jl, jn, jp, j2, k1, lj, and nj." availuables ? *

I had already used 6 of them lol

you don't have list ?

XD

Attigo

2010-03-17 02:51:06

I have a document, but I am not allowed to share it, sorry, but I have already told you what all the free variables (avariables ;)) are...

Best of luck with everything! Be sure to share your work on the Stanton forums, it would be greatly appreciated! I wish we had more users like you...

Scott

lol4k

2010-03-17 12:18:50

Lol ! thx ..

Yes, I will share it if I succeed to create a good new preset, maybe it could be encrypted by Stanton like that other users should use it with Darouter :)

And If I could contribute to Traktor preset for Traktor users, why not !

By the way, I found that the scs system is a really good product, in accordance to futur of DJing ^^

Attigo

2010-03-17 17:02:10

Yea! I definitely think we need to have this preset you are doing available to all users. Once you have finished, I will put you in contact with my good buddy 'nem0nic' who runs the Stanton forums (amongst many other things), and we will get it all sorted...

Scott

lol4k

2010-04-03 15:55:20

Hi Scott !

I will be crazy with this software lol :p One more time, I need your helps ^^

I was thought to a new way to introduce FX 3 and 4 on this preset, In fact I d'ont want anymore to delete the EQ mode, Now I would like to "delink" FX mode on the 2 scs.3d.

Because actually, FX mode in scs.3d (1) = FX mode in scs.3d (2)

If I separate the 2 mode, I wish I could map the FX 3 and 4 ^^

So, I have do this :
1- I go to the "BD: FX1 - 3 slider - from unit" preset and I have change the midi channel of all translators outgoing actions (0 to 1)
2- I go to the "from traktor" preset, I duplicate FX 1 translators, and change the midi channel of all incoming trigger (0 to 1)
3- To make a test, I only work on the FX 1 Slider 4, so still in the preset "from traktor", I have change the outgoing global variables in my new FX 1slider 4 (wich is in channel 1) by h6 (gd to h6)
4- I got to traktor, and map the slider 4 to the FX 2 amount ( its works but with no led feedback)
5- I map the led out of it, and now the led are blinking anormaly if I touch slider 4.

So, I don't know where is the mistakes ^^

I hope all that makes sence :p

Thx for your helps !

lol4k

2010-04-03 17:36:18

Woooott ^^
Fortunatly, I think I have found the bug ^^ We need to change the control range led beteween 41 and 47 ^^ and it's work ^^

lol4k

2010-04-07 13:21:18

Argh in fact it does not work ...

I don't know why, but when I move a slider on the second SCS.3d, the led feedbkacks comes on the first scs.3d :p

lol4k

2010-04-14 15:20:31

Hi :)

You would like I share my bugged preset ? ^^

DonTequila

2014-01-22 22:37:07

So that topic is done and no solution?

I bought a SCS3.m some time ago. I am using Ableton Live with it. The mapping is no problem, the only issue I have is that i won't get any LED feedback on the device - so I wouldn't have a clue how high or low i turned the assigned faders or knobs.

Any Idea what signals there have to be from the Ableton software?

THis device would be a really good seller if it had better support for Ableton Live (as it actually says in the manual!)

James Yo

2014-02-15 21:14:21

Do you have download the scs.3m midi pdf file that is giving you all the info about midi mapping of the led feedback.

You can download it from the Gibson forum.

Let me know if you need it I can send it to you and also the one for the scs.3d