Song Management database with Oasys

DeanoCalgary

2009-11-17 19:17:23

Hi, I am inquiring whether MT can help me accomplish something I've wanted to do for years. I have a FileMaker database (win) with 500 songs: chord cheats and lyrics only, not midi at all. I would like Filemaker to switch my Korg Oasys to a specific patch when I select a song in the database. So, send a basic midi command from Filemaker. In the absence of a plug in for filemaker for this purpose, I assume I need to send a windows Event to a program, perhaps MT, that will perform the Prog or Combi switch.

Is MT an option? It looks as though the Midi Outgoing Actions might cover it, but just curious for opinions from others. Kind Regards.

Attigo

2009-11-17 20:22:50

Hi DeanoCalgary!

Sorry, but it is not directly possible to recieve an input from your software into MT. The only inputs MT can recieve right now are keystrokes and MIDI, but it is something we will look into in the future...

cheers,
Scott Hobbs

DeanoCalgary

2009-11-17 23:27:01

Hi Scott, Thanks for the prompt and honest response. I appreciate you advising me against your product, it's so easy to spend hours on something that was never going to work. I will continue my search. Since my solution quest is a pilgrimage I take once a year, I will check back to see how your product is evolving in the years ahead. Regards, Dean.

ruediger

2009-11-19 12:05:22

Hi Dean,

at the moment, this is not a feature of Midi Translator. We only can send WM_messages (window events) to a another. We cannot receive it.

If you want to invest more, we can do that for you.

Cheers,
RĂ¼di

DeanoCalgary

2009-11-20 00:17:31

Thanks Rudi,

A Korg Forum user gave me a great idea on how to acheive my requirement. Filemaker will "play" midi files, so I need to create a database of midi files each of which contain only a single program change instruction. I can associate one midi file with each song and get filemaker to play the "related" midi file whenever I go to a song record.

So simple, I missed it. Thanks for the offers of assistance.
regards
Dean.