Sony DMXR100 - pro tools

daveq

2009-10-29 09:03:23

Hi,
I would like to get a Sony DMXR100 mixer talking fader and transport information to pro tools. Can I use your software to convert the Sony midi output to HUI format so that Pro Tools will understand it?
Thanks,
daveq

Attigo

2009-11-17 07:43:04

Hi daveq!

You can do this with MT no bother! It's a little bit of a pain unless you already know all the HUI input commands which you will need to send out...

I did a similar preset for Stanton's SCS.1m for using with Ableton Live which uses Mackie HUI emulation.

This table is a good start if you don't already know any of the HUI commands:

http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

Hope this helps...

cheers,
Scott Hobbs

daveq

2009-11-18 05:51:07

Thanks Scott,
That'll help. I just have to get a complete map of what the Sony sends as well.
Rudi - HUI is what third party controllers can talk to Pro Tools - originally designed by Mackie for their "Human User Interface". I guess the other way I could work is to find out what data an actual digi controller sends, but I think they work via ethernet rather than midi anyway. (and that would probably involve reverse engineering!)

Attigo

2009-11-18 22:50:58

daveq,

If you hook up your controller to MT you will be able to 'Capture MIDI' and that will be the easiest way to find out what your controller is sending...

Also, if you set up Pro Tools with the HUI emulation, send the MIDI output to MidiOX and you will see what your software is trying to send to the controller...

cheers,
Scott

daveq

2009-11-19 02:35:13

Thanks Scott. I'll download the trial and try it out.

Attigo

2009-11-19 02:45:08

Best of luck buddy!

Let me know how you get on...

cheers,
Scott