Need help w/ stanton scs3 preset for dual units

mike912

2009-07-11 01:18:59

I was previously using a single scs3d with bomes and have been very happy with it, I got a second scs3 unit at a great price yesterday, but when using the "generic Dual scs3d" preset it ignores the "deck" template on both decks.

the deck button is permanently red and unusable on both units, as in the vinyl, loop, trigger, fx and eq templates on both work fine but the "deck" templates on both units are turned off by the preset.

I want to turn them on and use them so I have 6 pages of controls on each unit.

does this make sense?

the translators for both "deck A & deck B" are there but they are ignored by the preset changes.

how do I activate these 2 pages?

joesapo

2009-07-11 23:41:23

mike912 wrote:I was previously using a single scs3d with bomes and have been very happy with it, I got a second scs3 unit at a great price yesterday, but when using the "generic Dual scs3d" preset it ignores the "deck" template on both decks.

the deck button is permanently red and unusable on both units, as in the vinyl, loop, trigger, fx and eq templates on both work fine but the "deck" templates on both units are turned off by the preset.

I want to turn them on and use them so I have 6 pages of controls on each unit.

does this make sense?

the translators for both "deck A & deck B" are there but they are ignored by the preset changes.

how do I activate these 2 pages?
I assume you are using Midi Translator to work with your dual SCS3's, and not Stanton's DaRouter? If not, download the unencrypted preset fromhere and check it out.

I'm not sure what could be causing your extra control page to not work - but whatever it is is buried in that preset somewhere... On the page I linked to is an "explanation" document that goes over the controls - it may be of some help too.

mike912

2009-07-12 08:37:10

thats the preset that I'm talking about, not sure how to tell the master preset not to skip the sub presets though, thats the problem.

florian

2009-07-14 18:25:37

Hi Mike,

with two 3d's, you do not need the deck switch, as you have already two physical decks.

I don't know the interiors of the generic presets, I'd start by comparing the single and the dual generic presets to see what's the difference. But that might become very tedious...

Most useful will be to post in the stanton forum, I guess. They know the presets much better than anyone else.

Regards,
Florian

mike912

2009-07-14 23:44:03

I appreciate that but the stanton forums almost never respond to anything, but we'll see, thanks florian.