Bomes MIDI GENERATOR!!!

mike912

2009-07-09 02:33:28

if bomes MT could be setup to sync to the tempo of live (or any DAW) and send out selected midi messages according to an envelope or LFO type of pattern.

the reason I say this is that one of the major shortcomings of live is the VERY limited scope of automation in the session view, this could make a huge impact on live performance modulation possibilities

also many live users have been requesting a "midi LFO", something where you could tell this thing to send out a sine wave style fluctuation of midi CC#1, then assign CC#1 to a plugin parameter in live and assign the midi LFO to send to that channel, creating an instant LFO for any parameter you want, like maybe your favorite filter doesn't have an LFO that can mod the cutoff freq, just assign CC#1 to the cutoff and tell bomes midi generator to send a sine wave of CC#1 data curves.

you could have like 4 - 8 envelope (single shot) patterns and 4-8 LFO's (looping patterns)

does this make sense?

I started thinking about this when I wanted to program my first timers in bomes to create a single shot sine wave fluctuation that could be sent to my FX channel macros to create a crazy FX envelope effect when I press a single button, but the timers would not change according to tempo.

florian

2009-07-14 18:09:21

Hi Mike,

this is an awesome idea. Right now, however, it would be hard to create a preset that does the trick(s). And adding such high level functions as detecting tempo and creating sine waves are currently out of scope, unfortunately. We are evaluating adding a real programming language to Midi Translator. That would make it easy to do the LFO's in sync with ableton...

Florian