A 'pop-up General Notes box'

DeRoc

2009-06-29 02:57:44

One thing I could sure use is a 'note box' icon to popup a text box so I can keep a list of which programs are loaded into the various controllers I'm using for a particular bmtp file.
I realize there are an infinite number of ways to set these up and it's easy to lose track when I change the controller programming. I'm working with a Novation SL keyboard, a TriggerFinger, and 2 Korg nano-things (and even an FCB1010 midi foot controller I'd like to utilize as well).

Just another of my .02 USD :P
Thanks

florian

2009-06-29 17:28:37

Hi DeRoc,

currently, there are two ways to add notes to a project file:
1) Project Properties:
Along with author name, copyright info, etc., you can also enter free-form comments.

2) External Documentation:
Placing a .txt, .doc, .rtf, .pdf or so file with the same filename as the .bmtp file into the same directory will open it when opening that .bmtp file. That's the suggested place to enter gear setup instructions.

Does that help?
Florian

DeRoc

2009-06-29 19:14:40

Oh Yeah of course! well...DUH! :roll: I completely overlooked the properties box! That'll do it for sure.

I did try a text file, but it doesn't open (tried txt and rtf, with both in the Windows association list), but the properties page is perfect, nevertheless.

Thanks!

[EDIT] Ok, I see now: the associated (.txt) file only opens when using the File menu inside MT, not from a desktop shortcut or double-clicking the .bmtp to open it initially. :mrgreen: