more than 5 virtual midi ports

Shufflebug

2009-06-06 18:19:21

Hello,

is there a specific reason why MT 1.7 only has 5 virtual midi ports ?

There are scenarios where I'd need more than these 5 ports. For now in addition I still can use 'midi yoke' (on windoze) or something like that but it'd be nicer if all ports would run in MT .. not only for reasons of manipulation by MT but also to keep them in one software. More runnin software doesn't make the system more stable ;-)

So far, thanks for such a great tool like MT :-)

regards
Shufflebug

ruediger

2009-06-12 10:18:54

Hi Shufflbug,

in the Pro edition we only support 5 virtual ports.

Later, we plan to release a super pro edition with unlimited virtual ports. But at the moment, we cannot offer you more than this 5 ports, sorry.

Best regards,
RĂ¼di

badibeat

2009-06-21 14:17:38

I'll immediately upgrade to the super pro version with unlimited everything, once it is available. :D

Shufflebug

2009-06-26 12:43:56

OK ruediger, thanks for the information.

Does anyone have experience with using Bome's Virtual Midi Ports together with MidiYoke ?

florian

2009-06-29 16:58:18

it's no problem using Bome's virtual ports and MIDI Yoke together, though we have reports where Yoke caused crashes.

Also note that Yoke is a loopback "cable", whereas Bome's virtual ports are "direct cables", i.e. look at this:

E.g. for connecting to Ableton Live, this is how the scheme looks like with Bome's ports:

Code: Select all

Midi Translator Virtual Out 1 -> Ableton Live
Ableton Live -> Midi Translator Virtual In 1
Whereas with Yoke (or similar 3rd party loopback ports), you need multiple ports:

Code: Select all

Midi Translator -> Yoke 1 -> Ableton Live
Ableton Live -> Yoke 2 -> Midi Translator
We just thought of selling a "Virtual MIDI feature pack" for EUR 30, which adds 5 more virtual Bome ports to Midi Translator.

Regards,
Florian

pysj

2010-09-02 02:50:37

Hi people.

Oh.. I just thought I found the replacement for midi-ox on win7 x64
But 5 ports?
Sorry.. Need at least 16 on my setup :)
So when is this super pro (probably expensive as ****? ;) version coming out? And what price are you thinking of for this super version?
Sorry if I sound a little bitter here. But I only need the virtual ports and it's midi thru routing...
So I just installed the trial version of MT and had my credit card in my hand, but then I was very disappointed to find this limitation..
There seem to not be any alternatives on x64 win 7, yet. MT seems to be closest to my needs. But my most important requirement was the number of virtual ports. And I need them now, unfortunately.
The search goes on..

Hope to see any changes to this soon, super version or not!

regards
-pysj