Checking if this is possible-Mac OX mouse controls

mike912

2009-01-08 20:12:58

can I setup midi translator, mac osx, to make the mouse cursor jump to a specific location and left click a button or tab from a control on my dascratch?

I am still totally in the dark about rules but I am steadily pursuing an understanding of how to use them, I have a few synths where there are non controllable buttons that I want to make a template for, as in I always keep my synth windows in the upper right corner, can I make a MT command for each one, make a location jump to a predetermined point on the screen and then left click?

I hope this is clear, imagine a softsynth where almost all the parameters can be controlled from hardware, except for 1 or 2 buttons, the waveform select button and the filter select button, as long as I always keep the synth window in the same position could I have MT jump to that spot and click from midi command?

mocker

2009-01-09 01:46:43

You still can assign a key combo to your mouse jump using Keyboard Maestro or iKey and then use it as the Outgoing keystroke of a translator in MT. That's how I mute tracks from a midi footswitch in my MOTU Cuemix console.

florian

2009-01-13 12:25:24

yes, as mocker implies, the Mac version currently does not have a Mouse Emulation as outgoing action (only the Windows version). We'll work on that for the next release after this version 1.6.1 due out soon.

Regards,
Florian

mocker

2009-01-13 14:02:33

Good news ! The less apps open, the better, when you work with midi and audio…

mike912

2009-01-16 17:35:17

yes thank you sir, good to know your on it, also if I can make a suggestion.

I am completely lost at writing rules, if you build in a few basic rule like "mirror values" and such, things to make matching a fader to a rotary pot much easier, I'll keep trying on the rules writing though.

thanks again.

ruediger

2009-01-19 15:10:03

Hi Mike,

we know that the Rules are not so easy for non technical users, sorry. Perhaps we will put some usual rules like "matching a fader to a rotary pot" on our website in the future.

Regards,
Rüdi

mike912

2009-02-02 02:43:19

please please please, I am still totally lost.

ruediger

2009-02-02 10:01:35

Hi mike,

can you explain exactly, what you want to do?

Regards,
Rüdi

mike912

2009-02-05 05:23:06

ruediger wrote:Hi mike,

can you explain exactly, what you want to do?

Regards,
Rüdi
I was finally able to make sense of the first rule, check this out.

in another post about how to use rules you gave me this example

"Translator 2: S1 - Absolute IN - Absolute OUT
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI B0 07 oo
Rules:
ga=oo
Outgoing: MIDI B7 60 ga "

I was SO over-reading the amount of information there.

the simplest way to explain this to you is that I thought the entire thing you wrote was the "Rule", not just the ga=oo part.

imagine that and then imagine me trying to figure out how to type all that into the rules box when you can't :roll:

my own misunderstanding, but man I felt dumb.

what I really want to be able to do in the longterm is to be able to assign a control to cause the mouse cursor to jump to a specific location and then perform a left click.

any update on when mac osx will get mouse control out?

Maddcow

2009-02-05 09:40:04

mike912 wrote:any update on when mac osx will get mouse control out?
+1 :D

ruediger

2009-02-09 10:05:31

Hi mike,

happy that you are one the right way :wink:

I am sorry, no exact idea, when we can release that feature.

Rüdi