A Reset Button for the work flow of testing

litL1

2008-10-04 15:17:34

Hi,

not sure if it's my warped way of working, but i noticed that it's cumbersome to have to check and uncheck the various presets, which are set to enable other presets, once i tested a given MT-project. Especially as it becomes relatively complex.

So, i thought, it might be cool to have a button in the main interface menu, which remembered the initial setting (as it's supposed to be upon opening a project), and clicking it would instantly re-initiate it, for retesting...

***ONE LOVE***

florian

2008-10-20 22:53:00

Hi litL1,

yes, that's a good idea, I need that all the time, too. What I do, I just re-load the project file (in the File menu, at bottom the list of recently opened files). But a Reset button would be much nicer.

I put it down on the TODO list.

Regards,
Florian

lxr71

2010-03-24 23:55:54

This is an older post, but if I may add something relevant here...
It would be nice to be able to also reset all variables. As far as I know, the only way to do this right now, is to restart BMT entirely
You could also do this through a translator, which is actually a good idea, since then you'll have to keep track of all the vars you use...).
While we're at it, possibility to show all global variables, instead of/as well as all non-zero vars.

...Because you know your projects are only going to keep getting more and more complex.

Thanks,
Alex

florian

2012-05-29 10:22:36

just to mention: with 1.7.2, the global variables are reset to 0 whenever the project file is loaded. So it's sufficient to reload the same project to initialize it.

In a future version, there will be a distinction of "initially active" and "currently active" for presets.
Florian