changing translators on the fly

pablomastodon

2008-10-03 07:34:07

Greetings,

I've toyed with Bome's MT for a good while now, trying out this and that and it seems to be a great program for a lot of things, but am I missing something here? I don't see how to change translator presets on the fly.

What I am hoping to accomplish is to pre-program a small handful of presets for my keyboard rig and then switch from one to another randomly (on command of course) on the fly for live gigging. Perhaps one preset for a song's verse and another for it's chorus. Is that a possible and/or practical goal?

If I could get over that hump I would very quickly jump from the unpaid MT Classic tinkerer to a fully registered MT Pro (if not Author) power-user.

Oh, and I'm wondering whether I qualify for the third world country devalued currency discount as a U.S. citizen.

Hopefully change is going to come SOON,

Pablo

florian

2008-10-20 23:23:08

Hi Pablo,

sorry for the late reply. I assume what you mean is that you can load different .bmtp project files from within a translator? That's actually a good idea, I'll note it down!

For the time being, what you can do is to create different "presets" in one project file. Then you can use the "change preset" outgoing action to enable/disable specific presets. Check out the "Frontier Design Tranzport" preset that ships with MT: in the (always active) preset, the Solo button on the unit is configured to rotate the active preset for controlling different applications. You can do it similarly for activating presets for different songs.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Florian

fanboi

2008-11-18 01:42:00

oh god yes, please do add this.