Mouse Control with Midi X-Y-Pad?

Misal

2008-01-18 03:40:51

I would like to control my mouse with the x-y-pad of my novation RemoteSL as I can control the mouse with a normal mousepad of a laptop.
I already tried severall things with MTPro without satifying results.
Has someone already tried this with success?

I would be thankfull if someone could share it.

florian

2008-01-22 20:39:40

I guess this is similar to converting a controller to an "endless knob" -- as outlined somewhere here in the forum (see http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=872 ). The trick is to use the controller value and find out how much it moved in one direction. Then use relative movement of the mouse (in "mickeys") to move the mouse cursor.

Let me know if you need further guidance.

Regards,
Florian

Misal

2008-01-28 02:03:02

Thank you. With your suggestion it works.
Is it somehow possible to let MTPro know how fast you are gliding on the x-y-pad? I would like to access mouse accelleration.

florian

2008-01-28 20:02:16

Actually, when using relative movement (in "mickeys") then you should get mouse acceleration the same way as you get it with the real mouse. You could, of course, also achieve that with MT's rules, but that would be more work to set up.

Regards,
Florian

e1miran

2008-03-18 02:03:58

Misal wrote:Thank you. With your suggestion it works.
I'm trying to figure out how this was achieved. I have a Korg PadKontrol that I would like to use in this manner. But I just downloaded the MT Pro trial, and aside from mapping buttons to keyboard shortcuts in my app, I'm lost and confused.

florian

2008-03-31 22:17:42

Hi e1miran,

yes, it usually takes a while to understand the concept of MT. If you're able to map buttons to keystrokes, though, you should be able to to map buttons to mouse movements: simply select "Mouse" in the Outgoing page of the Translator. There you can choose mouse movement.

And sorry for the late reply...
Florian