Ground Control Pro/MT Pro/ Midi Yoke/Ableton . . . now what

Gary E

2008-01-04 03:02:02

Not being midi savvy, I could really use some help with the setup from the subject of this topic. What I'm looking to do at this point is map start/stop control changes in Ableton to start/stop scenes and loops. In the 4 Bank mode in GC Pro I can get up to eight scenes to do what I want without MT Pro. But . . . I want to be able to map more than eight scenes with start/stop messages. In the 10 bank mode, without MT, pressing a button on GC Pro gives me a PitchBend Program change. That's cool . . . but I don't quite need a pitchbend control at this point. So . . . how do I set up MT Pro to spit out start/stop control changes from GC Pro?

Gary

Gary E

2008-01-07 02:15:31

Gary E wrote:Not being midi savvy, I could really use some help with the setup from the subject of this topic. What I'm looking to do at this point is map start/stop control changes in Ableton to start/stop scenes and loops. In the 4 Bank mode in GC Pro I can get up to eight scenes to do what I want without MT Pro. But . . . I want to be able to map more than eight scenes with start/stop messages. In the 10 bank mode, without MT, pressing a button on GC Pro gives me a PitchBend Program change. That's cool . . . but I don't quite need a pitchbend control at this point. So . . . how do I set up MT Pro to spit out start/stop control changes from GC Pro?

Gary
I guess what I'm looking for is the hex messages to turn loop and scenes on and off in Ableton.

G

florian

2008-01-09 17:34:38

Hi Gary,

as suggested in PM already, I guess you'll have more luck to find the MIDI message(s) in an Ableton forum, or in the user manual of Ableton Live.

Let us know once you find out something. Then I can help you make it work with MT.

Regards,
Florian