MT, Ableton and PK

tems

2007-09-25 14:06:26

Hi,

I have set up the machine gun overdubbing rig as per Chelfyn's guide (great guide by the way) and have got it all working now which is excellent and will really help my live set up.

I run into one problem though, that i was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. I seem to remember reading on here that it's not possible to control 2 things with the padkontroller, so say i have the padkontrol set up in MT as the midi device, this then locks it in Ableton and i'm not able to select it from the preferences or use it. This isn't ideal really, as it means that i have to have a dedicated piece of midi hardware to use with MT.

I'd kind of given up on it and instead just assigned midi controls to keystrokes instead so that it didn't lock up my padkontrol which meant that i could still use this to do the drums etc, as i normally would, but then i saw this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_2npOAXXA

and in it he is using the padkontrol in midi translator and in ableton too. This therefore has set me off on wanting to find out how to do it as it clearly is possible.

Does anyone know how i can do this, as it would make my workflow so much better. It's a lot easier to use the pads on the PK than trying to hit the tiny keys of a keybord, especially when playing live in the dark!

Cheers

Tems

tems

2007-09-25 17:54:07

Problem solved, i saw in the example for the mpd below you said to use midi yoke, so i did that and it's working cool now :D