MIDI Channel mapping and duplicating

Torch

2016-12-20 05:44:10

Say, I am sending midi on MIDI channel 1, 2, and 3. Is it possible to only duplicate channel 1 with all the midi data and and send them on channel 5, 6, and 7 so the receiving unit will get channel 1( the same midi data channels 4, 5, 6), 2, and 3?

Thanks

sjcaldwell

2016-12-20 06:32:07

Do I understand this correctly?
  • Incoming channel 1 goes out to channel 1 4 5 and 6 and 7
  • Incoming channel 2 goes out to channel 2
  • Incoming channel 3 goes out to channel 3
This is possible except maybe for Sysex which goes out on all channels.
However with BMT you can set also set up outgoing messages to only specified devices which may be easier and also more
efficient.

The strategy for channel mapping above is to have separate translators each outgoing channel that all looks for any
incoming messages on channel 1. Each translator would take the message and route it to a different channel so you will need 5 translators (1,4,5,6,7)

For channel 2 and 3 you can use one translator and capture the incoming channel number
In the rules section only let outgoing action if incoming message is from 2 or 3

As I think this through you might need the above translators for each "type" of midi message you want to duplicate.
Not sure if you can do this for raw messages
  • Note On
  • Note Off
  • CC
  • Program Change
  • Bank Change
  • Pitch Bend
So you would need a lot of translators (5x6)+(6x1) or about 36 translators unless I'm missing something.

I have a project that takes all notes (on or off) from CH13 and depending on the buttons I push on my controller I can route output notes to any or all of the other 15 channels. I have a single bit map variable that enables or disables a given channel.

Edit - I have lots of other stuff going on too. I think my project has about 250 translators.

Torch

2016-12-23 11:52:24

Thanks for your reply. I still struggle with the "program language of the MT Pro. I will have to look at the tutorial material.