Improvement of "inject event" possible?

toniostarcevic

2016-07-08 12:15:27

Hello,

thanks for this great software. It fixed an issue I had for years. Changing presets of virtual instruments/effects (VST) with MIDI controls.
The previous/next preset-buttons of a VST are one of the few controls of music software, that can't be assigned to MIDI natively.
So I just use MIDI Translator Pro to assign mouse clicks to it.
I use it also for the transport funtions (stop/play/record) of the music software (DAW), that also can't be assigned to MIDI.

The only downside is, that you have to drag the windows to the same position every time.
The feature "Windows: inject event" unfortunately works with any window that I've tested except VST windows. The only case I need it for. :(

Is there a way to improve this feature/enhance its compatibility?

Best regards,

Toni

toniostarcevic

2016-07-08 12:19:19

Maybe it's also related to the music software/DAW in which the VST windows are running? I use the DAW "Bitwig". It has some kind of "sandbox" feature, to prevent a crash of the DAW when one of the VST's is crashing.

florian

2016-07-08 21:36:57

Hi, I'm afraid if it doesn't work, it's most likely due to the kind of programming of the target app -- in particular, sandbox style features... We'll still put it on the ToDo list, but usually this kind of thing is difficult to work around.
Thanks,
Florian

toniostarcevic

2016-07-09 01:04:29

florian wrote:Hi, I'm afraid if it doesn't work, it's most likely due to the kind of programming of the target app -- in particular, sandbox style features... We'll still put it on the ToDo list, but usually this kind of thing is difficult to work around.
Thanks,
Florian
Thanks. I wanted to add that it's probably not related to the mentioned "sandbox" feature of Bitwig, since I just tested it with with my other DAW, "Fruity Loops", in which the VST windows also doesn't work with the inject event feature. And Fruity Loops doesn't have a sandbox for the plugins like Bitwig.
But Fruity Loops has a vector based interface, maybe this also makes things difficult.
VST's are also handled differnetly by various DAWs. For example in Bitwig the VST windows have the default windows frame. Fruity Loops draws its own dark-grey frames around VST's.
I can imagine that the whole thing is very complicated...

Maybe you'll sind some universal working method eventually. Maybe you could capture the function of a button directly from the process of the program. Probably it could even be triggered when the window is behind another window or minimized. That would be great.
Sorry for my clumsy english.