MT with Reloop Neon & Serato DJ help!!!

musiclee

2016-03-29 20:30:19

hello , i'm a newbie here

all i want to do is program a button on my Reloop Neon to send a keyboard shortcut to Serato DJ (Shift+W)
i want to assign the PLAY in Serato , deck 1>Shift+W, deck 2>Shift+S
but it seems i can't use Neon, Serato DJ, and Midi translator all at same time.
if i open MT while Serato is working with Neon, MT doesn't list the Neon as available...
and if MT is connected to Neon, Serato won't see the Neon.

can someone help?

musiclee

2016-03-30 03:32:33

Perhaps I need to install another program such as rtpMIDI?

musiclee

2016-03-31 16:23:54

Has anyone been able to program Neon
Via software like Midi Translator and rtpMIDI?
Not program the Neon, but use the Neons midi to assign keyboard shortcuts via Midi Tanslator
Then Midi Translator sends to Serato the keyboard shortcuts

I've been trying but I honestly don't quite know to to set it up. What's midi in. What's midi out in rtpMIDI and Midi translator.
It's a bit too complicated for my head

Can someone try?
can someone PLEASE help? Florian?

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-01 16:13:25

Hi musiclee

What you're trying to do is, unfortunately, not possible with MT Pro. You can't have MIDI Translator change the commands the Neon sends AND have Serato respond to the once you want to stay the same. You can either use MT Pro and remap the Neon in Serato, or use the Neon in Serato as is. This is due to how Serato handles MIDI devices.

If you want to completely remap the Neon in Serato, it would be time consuming, but not very difficult. You would lose a lot of the LED feedback, though.

Sorry
Jared

musiclee

2016-04-01 17:45:14

All i want to do is assign 1 button in NEON , the PLAY for Serato Decks (using the deck 3 or 4 button on NEON)

Florian emailed me the following:

If you're on Windows, you need to route MIDI through MIDI Translator Pro (MT):

MT:
Create these routes in the MIDI Router (View menu):
1) Route from "Neon Reloop" to "Bome Virtual 1"
2) Route from "Bome Virtual 1" to "Neon Reloop"

Serato:
- do not use Neon Reloop MIDI ports
- select Bome Virtual 1 instead

Now you can use translators as you like in MT.

On OS X, you should be able to use the Neon Reloop MIDI IN port both in MT and in Serato.

Best Regards,
Florian

DvlsAdvct

2016-04-02 01:15:22

I understand what you're trying to do.

You want to remap one individual button of the Neon to send a keyboard command, instead of a MIDI note. If you connect the Neon to Serato and MT Pro, Serato will receive the original message and MT Pro will send the keystroke, which doesn't sound like what you want.

If you want to use the Neon to do this, you can connect it to MT Pro. You would use the MIDI Router to connect the Neon to a MT Virtual Port, and use that port to connect the Neon to Serato. As far as I understand how Serato works, however, you would then need to remap the Neon in Serato from scratch, and you won't be able to use their included mapping anymore. Granted, there's very little on the Neon that is difficult to map, it just takes time, and you would need to manually set the LED outputs in the XML file you create.

Does that make sense?
Jared