Can't seem to get Bome MT to work with Akai APC40 MkII

rickyrooney

2016-03-14 21:52:41

Hello everyone,

Trying to use an Akai APC40MkII to control some Laser Software (Pangolin Quickshow)
tell me where i'm going wrong..

Bome MT
Midi in> APC40MkII
Midi Out> Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out

Pangolin Quickshow
Midi in> Bome Midi Translator 1 (only 2 options and the other is APC40MkII)

Now the event monitor in BMT show the Midi-in with the simulated red LED lighting when I press a key on the controller, but with a number of different translations tried.. can't get any of the simulated LED indicators to light up on the right.
I see in the documentation it shows a green ring around the symbol of the 5pin Din plug (between the in/out LED indicators).. I don't seem to have this and cant see any reference to it.. I'm sort of thinking if this green ring was there it would be working properly.
What i'm trying to do is see the midi coming in and translating it to keystrokes for the quickshow software to trigger different cues.. the cues in the software are shortcuts via pressing different letter on the keyboard and different pages of shortcuts via the F* keys.

Any help would be appreciated

DvlsAdvct

2016-03-17 02:02:00

Hi rickyrooney

If you're using keystrokes than the MIDI ports shouldn't be as important, since you aren't routing MIDI to your software.

So you would only see an LED for the incoming MIDI message, and an LED for the Keystroke Out. If the MIDI In light is activating but the ring is not glowing then your translators are not set up properly, and they aren't listening for the correct message.

Are you selecting your MIDI messages, or are you clicking Capture MIDI to record them?

Thanks
Jared