[Help] Bome Midi Translator with video games

BigT

2016-01-26 02:16:53

So I have bome's midi translator pro, and I use it to macro keys in games like WoW and so on. This works perfectly fine! but.. I just found out that if I play certain game, the key presses don't work.

So Bome works in WoW, but doesn't work in TERA.

I'm wondering if someone can help me with getting it to work in the other game. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.. or.. maybe it's the game itself that's blocking me using bome?

DvlsAdvct

2016-01-27 19:49:15

Hi bigT

It might be the game. What you might want to do is use the Inject function under the Keystroke Output to see if you can send it directly to the game itself. That might help.

But the keystroke emulation is not always 100% reliable.

Jared

hellokitty

2016-02-14 00:22:21

im dooing the same thing,, bought it for games and twitch streaming. i wonder if you can assign game pad commands? i got my midi foot switch working good with it.

hellokitty

2016-02-14 17:23:22

Star Wars BattleFront same problem, not working,, i tried injecting and still don't work.

hellokitty

2016-02-20 18:15:42

i emailed support and they got back to me, "sorta" they said email me your project file, i did. havent heard back. i bought there software and a foot controller just for games and controlling other software, has not been a good experience just a expensive one. :(

florian

2016-02-25 01:05:44

Hi hellokitty,
very sorry to read this! I've had a brief look at the project file you've sent me, and it looks alright to me.

For the injections, it's crucial to select the correct target window. Sometimes there are cascaded or invisible windows, too.

I assume you have tried non-injecting? We know many users are using MT Pro with games, using non-injected keystrokes. When activating MT's log window, does it log emulated keystrokes when using in a game?

Thanks,
Florian

PS: our main support is here, in the forums.