MIDI to text

Vitja

2014-05-17 16:15:35

Hi!

Lately I'm brainstorming how could I monitor all the things that I have programmed in MT.
In my case, I have a secondary USB computer keyboard that has bend remapped, so I can use it just like a MIDI controller.
Now, It has few shift modes, and some are momentary, some are latch and some are momentary with delay.

My idea is very simple.

I would like to have a app that lets you use MIDI commands and covert that to some kind of floating info text.

When I'm on stage with all my controllers and this keyboard, using multi desktop system on mac I can get really confused sometimes.

I know this topic is not addressed directly to MT but is inspired by it.

I think MT is brilliant tool for all kind of ideas. But it lacks something like simple monitoring window or what I would prefer, something like almost invisible info of some parameters.

I tried this same method with text edit app, so when I do something I get text edit doc opened... But it is really not working right.

It would be super cool if you could program this floating text (just text and numbers or whatever, but without any window, just text over whatever there is on your monitor).

Or is there an app that has something to do with my idea???

And thanx again for this great tool!!!!