mouse movement

MatzeX01

2014-03-20 14:02:44

Hi, sorry for my bad english, i will try to explain my problem:

I use a foot switch via a midi keyboard to control the teamspeak toggle.
this works great, but when i am in the game (battlefield four) each time i press the foot switch my character in the game begins to turn round, as if the mouse is active.
Outside the game, there a no problems...
do anyone know how to solve that problem?

DvlsAdvct

2014-03-20 17:39:43

Hi MatzeX01

Where on the screen are you directing the mouse to go? The game is registering the mouse movement to a position where the character would turn.

MatzeX01

2014-03-21 13:50:16

The character begins to turn right, for the time the foot switch is pressed. After releasing the foot switch turning stops. While turning, the game recognises still the mouse movements, at least the up and down movement.

It doesnt matter which key I assign to the foot switch. it happens to all keys. Yesterday i tried it with a key of my piano, same thing. Same thing also via my e-drums.

in battlefield 4 there a no keys assigned to the used one for teamspeak.
this happens also in battlefield 3.
other games like gta or call of duty do not have this problem.

DvlsAdvct

2014-03-21 14:44:14

Can you show me the translators you're using? You can attach the MT project to the forum post.

Does the project control the mouse at all? Have you tried using other keybindings for teamspeak?

MatzeX01

2014-03-21 14:54:34

The setting is very easy.

There is only:

Foot toggle up:
incoming: CC#1 Sustain, pp
action: key down: CAPS LOCK

foot toggle down:
incoming: CC#1 Sustain, 0
action: key up: CAPS LOCK

Thats all in the whole project.
Yes i tried other keybindings for teamspeak. Same procedure.
I also deactivated all joystick settings, unplugged gamepads etc.
Attachments
unbekannt.bmtp
(280 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times

DvlsAdvct

2014-03-21 15:05:31

Hi Matze

Please change the first translator to B0 40 7F, or whatever pressing down the footswitch is. This might not fix the problem but it makes for a cleaner process. It MIGHT work, though, because you won't be getting conflicting messages anymore.

Other than that, you're right, this is insanely simple and I don't know why you'd have Mouse issues. I went through the Battlefield 4 default keybindings and there's no reason there either. There may be some weird issue with some conflicting MIDI message if your mac is set to receive them for something else? I'm kind of flying blind on this one.

J