Bome using Roland JD800 sliders as vst controller in daw

mfx

2014-03-02 18:54:13

Hi

Came across BOME this afternoon. Read on a link the webpage that it could be possible to use the JD800 as a midi controller for various vsts.

Downloaded the trial version and was lost before demo expired. Rebooted a few times and came to conclusion I need help (in many ways!). :)

In short what do I need to do to get the sliders controlling various parameters (CC messages) for vsts in Cubase 7.5.

I understand I need midi yoke which I have used before...apart from that I am lost.

Any presets or dummy guides available please?

HELP and Thanks :)

DvlsAdvct

2014-03-04 20:11:25

Hi mfx

With the current release of Bome MIDI Translator (MT) you do not need MIDI Yoke. Instead, MT provides its own virtual MIDI drivers that are far more stable and reliable when transmitting to and from MT.

As far as connecting your JD800 to Cubase, what is it you want to do with MT? When you connect the synth via MIDI are you unable to connect it to Cubase directly? Are you looking to do any heavy duty MIDI mapping that you can't do directly?

Thanks
Jared

mfx

2014-03-04 22:21:46

Hi

Thanks for the response. I think I need some simple simple direction to tutorial or instructions, I may have missed.

Quite simply I want to be able to assign the sliders to various CC controller numbers or to assign them to a variety of vst instruments within cubase. I think my understanding is for example the slider for frequency on the JD800 could be used to control freq cc74 in cubase and other sliders for other CC assignments.

IE To control maybe settings for feq (CC74) and others in maybe Sylenth1, Massive, Zebra etc.

What I am not to confident on is what I need to do to do this. Should the MT show up as a midi conncetion within Cubase 7.5 x64 in Windows 8.1 x64, as you pointed out midiyoke not necessary.

How do I set up a profile for the JD800 with MT and them implement usage in Cubase.

Once I've fulfilled this challenge I am wondering if the same can be done with an Access Virus TI (again controllers are non cc standard), I'm glutten for punishment.

Thank you