Bome Network

Mikael

2016-11-13 18:45:45

I very much like the concept of the BomeBox, perfect for our scenario. But we need the Bome Network functionality - connecting Windows computers through LAN or WIFI.

How about the availability of Bome Network? is there any release date?

regards, Mikael

florian

2016-11-13 23:15:11

Hi Mikael,
thanks for the interest. The Bome Network program is technically done, and as an owner of the BomeBox, you can request a version from us. Before we release it to the public, though, we need to add a mechanism so that it only works with the BomeBox.

Best regards,
Florian

sjcaldwell

2016-11-14 00:05:36

Can you summarize what the Bome network would allow me to do that I can't do now?

florian

2016-11-15 14:16:55

The "Bome Network" tool is a small tray/menu bar program for Windows and macOS which lets you connect to a BomeBox just the same as connecting two or more BomeBoxes. On the computer, it'll create a virtual MIDI port, so you can send and receive MIDI from any MIDI application to/from devices connected to the BomeBox. This works via Ethernet and WiFi.

The tool also allows one-click access to the web config of all connected BomeBoxes.

Soon, the tool will be freely available for all BomeBox owners.

Last, but not least, we're working on versions of Bome Network for iOS and Android.

Hope that makes sense!
Florian

sjcaldwell

2016-11-15 15:18:29

florian wrote:The "Bome Network" tool is a small tray/menu bar program for Windows and macOS which lets you connect to a BomeBox just the same as connecting two or more BomeBoxes. On the computer, it'll create a virtual MIDI port, so you can send and receive MIDI from any MIDI application to/from devices connected to the BomeBox. This works via Ethernet and WiFi.

The tool also allows one-click access to the web config of all connected BomeBoxes.

Soon, the tool will be freely available for all BomeBox owners.

Last, but not least, we're working on versions of Bome Network for iOS and Android.

Hope that makes sense!
Florian
OK since I'm running my Bome Box from an Iconnectivity 4x4 now, I can already pass midi back and forth from my PC as this device has ability to connect to 3 hosts simultaneously. I currently have it connected to both my Windows PC and BomeBox at the same time.

The ability to connect to the UI directly on my current network would be helpful. Right now, to move a bmtp file between devices, I do the following.

Connect my Chromebook to my home network and download the bmtp
Disconnect connect my Chromebook to my Bomebox (Wifi through different network) and upload the file. My Bomebox wifi is configured as DHCP server.

So moving projects between the devices is really kinda clunky.

I don't want to set up Bomebox as client on my existing network as I want to be able to run it stand alone if needed.

florian

2016-11-15 15:44:25

Hi, thanks for explaining. For using the Bome Network tool, you'll need the BomeBox to be connected to the computer via Ethernet or WiFi. So access to the web config will only be simplified, but you still need to run an Ethernet cable from the BomeBox to your Ethernet switch (or to the computer), or configure the BomeBox as a WiFi client for your existing network, or connect to the BomeBox WiFi from the computer...

sjcaldwell

2016-11-15 16:32:12

Yep, I figured.

CreepyPants

2016-12-06 23:10:03

BTW - Bome Network?
Freakin awesome.

Kudos.
Again.

JacobiusWrex

2017-01-10 03:42:02

How do I get my hands on this Network tool?

My Bomebox just showed up today :) and I need to get 2 usb midi devices through the BB into my MTP project on my PC.
It sounds like this app is exactly what I need.

Thanks again by the way for such an awesome program!
Heres a pic of the front and back, hopefully this will cut things down to one cat 5 cable and one instrument cable!
Heres a pic of the front and back, hopefully this will cut things down to one cat 5 cable and one instrument cable!
wrexrig.png (231.72 KiB) Viewed 3842 times

florian

2017-01-11 00:44:25

wow, awesome setup!!

florian

2017-02-02 05:09:17

We've just released it:
http://www.bome.com/products/bomenet
We’ll announce it tomorrow...